quick question

hotrain69

hope this is not a stupid question. but i did a quote online at Bell insurance for a Zed i'm looking at. Just wondered if there is any way of talking to them to get it cheaper. If I rang them, what do i say to them and how do i go about doing it. again, hope this is not a stupid question.

thanks

Get several quotes and then phone around, ask for their price and when they tell you sound dissappointed and say Oh. They will ask you what your cheapest quote is.

If you have two years driving similar cars also try Chris Knott who is on here and gives a forum discount. Sky are also offering discount to members.

Add a woman driver then phone them up and ask them if they can do it cheaper than the quote you got online - as a new customer they generally will & as an exisisting customer the normally do - remember You dont get If you dont ask.

How old are you? Bell are pretty good for young drivers

As a side note I've phoned loads of insurance companies in the last few days forr a quote & none of them could get anywhere near the price that Bell have quoted me for this year :)

Admiral were good for me (I'm 24) although apparently they whack the premium up massively if you start modding...

+1 - although heard the opposite for the modding. Premium doesnt increase, but they dont replace mods. So only replace broken OEM items.

I'm 22, going to be 23 in December, with 0ncb. Adding my dad and mum as 2nd and 3rd drivers. I think I'm basically got it down as far as possible from the online quote on Bell. it was about £1350, as i said i'm using it to commute to work as well.

But just thought i may be able to get a bit more off? what do you guys think?

I'm 22, going to be 23 in December, with 0ncb. Adding my dad and mum as 2nd and 3rd drivers. I think I'm basically got it down as far as possible from the online quote on Bell. it was about £1350, as i said i'm using it to commute to work as well.

How many years have you been driving? Im 23 in January with 0NCB and mine is £2625 with bell so I think £1350 is pretty damn good! ;)

The great thing about bell is that you can 'tweak' it online.. for example, instead of having bodykit as a mod, its cheaper to have front bumper, sideskirts and rear bumper ticked!

How many years have you been driving? Im 23 in January with 0NCB and mine is £2625 with bell so I think £1350 is pretty damn good! ;)

The great thing about bell is that you can 'tweak' it online.. for example, instead of having bodykit as a mod, its cheaper to have front bumper, sideskirts and rear bumper ticked!

that is a massive difference. i've been driving for 5 years. and the policy has me as main driver and then my dad and my mum.

i'll give the bodykit trick a try see if it does anyhting. thanks mate.

still cant believe how similar we are but with massively diferent quotes.

that is a massive difference. i've been driving for 5 years. and the policy has me as main driver and then my dad and my mum.

The difference is you have been driving for 4 years more than me :lol:

The difference is you have been driving for 4 years more than me :lol:

yes that must be it. you missed that bit out before. just tried to tweak the quote but didnt see the separate choice instead of the bodykit option.

When you tick yes to is your car modified you should get an extra scree that comes up when you click next. Then on mine I get a list of tick boxes. Thats where I chose spoiler, bumpers etc instead of bodykit.

EDIT: Oh yeah.. one more thing, bell kill you if you choose monthly instalments!

When you tick yes to is your car modified you should get an extra scree that comes up when you click next. Then on mine I get a list of tick boxes. Thats where I chose spoiler, bumpers etc instead of bodykit.

EDIT: Oh yeah.. one more thing, bell kill you if you choose monthly instalments!

yeh i thought as much. that's why i didnt even bother asking them. i actually dont think i can get it further down than 1350. but i guess i should try other insurers. have you tried any others?

Have you tried the supermarkets? I've always found them competitive, and there are a few companies highly recommended on here. I've found if you call up they can get a cheaper quote than just going online and letting a computer decide for you based on criteria.

im looking at insurance at the moment, bell was cheap at 830 (24 - 2Y NCB) and when i rang up they couldnt do it any cheaper than the internet quote

so....

i rang chris knott's and they beat the quote down to 820 with no volentry excess which was good, all they needed was the reference quote from bell.

also sky were good, same insurance as chris knott's but a little extra at 850

that was the nismo kit declared as well

im looking at insurance at the moment, bell was cheap at 830 (24 - 2Y NCB) and when i rang up they couldnt do it any cheaper than the internet quote

so....

i rang chris knott's and they beat the quote down to 820 with no volentry excess which was good, all they needed was the reference quote from bell.

also sky were good, same insurance as chris knott's but a little extra at 850

that was the nismo kit declared as well

nice one mate. will definately give chris knott a call. but to be honest need to get the car first. so busy at work at the moment haven't really had time to get myself to the front of the queue for this car.

so wish me luck........