Wheel Alignment - problems

Murdoch

Quick question.

I just had my wheels aligned and they told me that they can't change the caster or camber on the 350Z... is this true? if so how on earth are we meant to get it back into the stated variance margins?

Secondly, they advised me they couldn't get the toe in on the rear right as its had a knock at somepoint (previous driver failed to mention that one!!!!!!!) said it could be tiny kink in any part of the arm/suspension etc and that would be tough to find out which bit to replace... is this the case?

Fancy having a nice chat with the ex owner :angry:

Do a search, it has been covered before. I cant remember off the top of my head, but there is adjustment on some things, limited on others and non on the rest. Cant remember which is which though. Also seem to remember Phil has a "special" way to adjust one of the "unadjustable" ones but wont tell us how he does it :ninja:

(in the imortal words of a shell track suit wearing fool) PHIL - Can you fix it for me!!!??? :lol:

They used the latest 4 wheel laser adjustment system but just couldn't get it sorted... I would drive to ESR right now however I live in Norwich - Norfolk and we have only just invented single carrigways and getting anywhere here requires lots of time and a tractor!! :blush:

Do a search, it has been covered before. I cant remember off the top of my head, but there is adjustment on some things, limited on others and non on the rest. Cant remember which is which though. Also seem to remember Phil has a "special" way to adjust one of the "unadjustable" ones but wont tell us how he does it :ninja:

:lol: I thought it was just me who wasnt allowed to know - I honestly thought Phil and the guys were pulling my leg!!

Sorry to hear you are having problems Murdoch.

It is probably something we can sort for you but not unfortunately either on here or over the phone.

the top secret "BigPhils 2 Pound Air-Cooled Adjuster Method®"

bit lightweight that :lol:

More like a strong hawser, winch and handy tree - ah the good old rallying days, but its :secret:

It is probably something we can sort for you but not unfortunately either on here or over the phone.

the top secret "BigPhils 2 Pound Air-Cooled Adjuster Method®"

bit lightweight that :lol:

More like a strong hawser, winch and handy tree - ah the good old rallying days, but its :secret:

Please note, no trees were harmed in the adjustment of the suspension :lol:

Sounds like a road trip is needed... quick question... what sort of cost am I looking at for the 'corrective surgery'?? Spent loads on the 350 since I bought it a couple of months ago... and still got a list as long as my arm to go... and a trip over to you may force my wallet for a few "extras" lol