Big jobs these Zed details!

AK350Z

Had a few days downtime, so i hit the Zed hard with the long awaited full treatment!

Full clay bar,

Carlack 68,

Collinite 915, allowed to go fully hard, and buffed by hand! :surrender: X2 coats of wax on doors, roof, bonnent, front wings and bumper.

Wheels removed and cleaned with Farecla and Autoglym SRP.

Lost count of how many hours, but been doing a bit every day since monday. Over 20 i would say, mostly down to the clay and wax, the Zed's surfaces are huuggge. :wacko:

Everything now smooooth as a baby's proverbial!

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

Nice one.

You will find the first time you do it fully it takes ages, but from then on, things like clay takes less time as you dont have half as much crap to remove. Should be a lot easier to do next time!

Yeah, i learned a lot doing the claying. Did cause a few minor scratches here and there, you need to control yourself and not start taking big swipes! I was using the Bilt Hamber bar with water, must be an expensive job using QD with other bars.

Nice one.

You will find the first time you do it fully it takes ages, but from then on, things like clay takes less time as you dont have half as much crap to remove. Should be a lot easier to do next time!

Yeah, i learned a lot doing the claying. Did cause a few minor scratches here and there, you need to control yourself and not start taking big swipes! I was using the Bilt Hamber bar with water, must be an expensive job using QD with other bars.

TBH the scratches will have been caused by using just water. You need the lubricants that are in QD or similar. If you dont want to use DQ, use car shampoo mixed with water. You need to keep the body wet and lubed so not to scratch it. Lesson learnt :thumbs:

Nice one.

TBH the scratches will have been caused by using just water. You need the lubricants that are in QD or similar. If you dont want to use DQ, use car shampoo mixed with water. You need to keep the body wet and lubed so not to scratch it. Lesson learnt :thumbs:

Yeah, will do next time i think. Was just following the distructions! I did make sure i used loads of water though.

awesome, beginning to wish I went for the red one myself - looks seriously, seriously B) top job :thumbs:

My Collinite experience went OK, but I didn't leave it on to long as the sun had bu**ered off and I needed to be quick about it to get the nattys on straight after.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16742

Looking at yours, I'm going to let it cure longer next time :scare:

nice work andrew. looking good! I use the bilt hamber with water too. I keep the clay really wet and the surface. seems to work ok. will be getting soft now though! I love the rosso. it's so much better in the flesh too!

Great job Andrew looks stunning and the Nismo kit seems to suit the Rosso as well as the UY.

PS:AERIAL!!!!!!!!! :scare:

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me marra! :p

Its ruining a great car ;)

Wait for it - he hasn't mentioned lowering................ yet;)