2 Women ruined ny day/life

Maccaman

Went to get lunch today & spotted a parking space but a women beat me to it. Then parked across the road. As I crossed a women pulled off & I jogged the last bit. Glasses jumped out of the shirt pocket , 1 lense smashed & I trod on the frame. Need them for reading so after some alterations with pliers I now have a somewhat bent pair with only 1 lense. Got to wait until Sunday to have eye test & hopefully get new ones. Really thinking about getting lasered. Anybody had this done? (reading the posts tonight is really difficult)

Driving to work last time and one lens fell out. Fortunately from my bad eye so managed to get there.

Talked to a few people about laser treatment and the resounding opinion was...." if you dont need it dont get it, it can go wrong and you only have two eyes"

my bro's had laser eye surgery... it went wrong the first time...ie he turned his eye as the laser was shot.... hahahah muppet, but was offered f.o.c to do it again so he did... he doesn't need reading glasses and his vision is pretty much 20-20... so personally i would recommend it...

-ho

ps or you buy those glasses that don't break from the adverts about 2 years ago...memoflex or summin

lol (sorry im not a spectacle wearer myself)

To make the post easy to read. No luck with the glasses, you must have a bit of a jack duckworth look about you just now!

My old man went to see about laser eye surgery but wasn't eligible. Not sure what the criteria are though.

Hope you could read this on! :lol:

Looool i had it done.....twice! Once when i was 18 in greece but my eyes got worse again with the years and i had it done second time in Hull at optical express (almost 29 now)....

You can even see my ugly face posted on their wall...loool

Yes things can go wrong....but the only thing really is that the lights at night can become really blurred for you....for ever....!!!

And the pain the first day...OMG....nothing like you can imagine.....but apparently not everyone has it.....from what others told me....

Go for the wavefront technique....and the lights prob almost disappears...but it will be a grand per eye!!!

If you want to ask me anything feel free....

But i must say its like having your teeth veneered.....if you dont really need it and you dont really really want it...DONT do it!

Its irreversible!!!!

Hope i helped....

My dad has had it done said its the best investment ever, Im due to get mine done next year as contact lenses are a pain when training. I know about 4 other people all with fantastic results. They make one eye weaker than the other because as you get older your eyesight changes slightly again so they take this into account

I've had it done as well, almost 2 years now with absolutely no issues at all. Better than 20/20 vision.

BUT...

As said above, get it done at a reputable company and be prepared to pay as much as you possibly can for every available treatment option applicable to your case.

Seeing those adverts in the paper/on TV for treatment from £395 per eye just makes me cringe.

You get what you pay for an all that.......

Thanks guys for the oppions & advice. Really want to do this at sometime (if applicable for me) Drives me mad having to make sure I don't forget my glasses.

Thanks Stew for the Jack & Jill writing style (think only the older people will remember) it made things a lot clearer. And yes the Jack Duckworth look did come into it when one of my colleagues tried taping up the lenseless side of my frames.

No problem, thought it would make it easier! :lol::lol:

I did that to someone at work that left there glasses sitting over lunch time. Gave them a wee tape ala Jack Duckworth. Always good for a bit of a laugh.