o2 dissapoint me!

Stew

Just off the phone from o2. I have been on a really good contract for 7 full years with them. Virtually any phone on free upgrade and £25 quid a month on a 12 month contract.

Now they say they are only offering 18 or 24 month contracts on upgrades.

I'll get extra minutes and texts for my 25 quid...... great, I won't use them so it's pointless......

I'm really disappointed as I've been a loyal customer and never caused problems and then they change the rules without notifying me.

Hmmmmmm, it's not exactly a life changing thing but it's nice to know that 7 years of custom is so greatly appreciated that they can't even give you a good deal to encourage you to stay!

I realise what you're saying Sarnie but I believe that repeat custom should be number 1 priority in a cut throat business.

To make this slightly Zed related, look at the dealer service most receive. It's shocking and does NOT encourage you to re invest in a great product.

I think that that loyal customers should be rewarded not penalised! I believe an incentive should be offered. The guy on the phone couldn't even say we'll knock 5 quid off it or we'll give you a free month or I'll make sure you get a web bolt on or anything....... No incentive what so ever!

Pish.

Doesn't make any difference mate. They're idiots. They are all focussed on registering new / transferred numbers and for some reason not retaining customers. I was with Orange for 8 years, very similar thing happened.

Take your business elsewhere, get a free phone again, lower cost, and probably a better service... ;)

The same 12 month contract. I like to get a new phone after a year, call me traditional but that's what I'm used to.

I'm bound to get a lower value upgrade too.....

I get more stuff that I don't need.

Then wait 6 months extra for a new phone.......

As I said it's hardly life changing and it's really trivial but I just wish they left it as it was.

I don't think any network does a 12 month contract now....

I had similar experience last week Stew but better outcome? Been with O2 for 7 years - end of 18 month contract - local O2 shop wanted £100 to upgrade Xda Orbit to version 2; raise the monthly payment a fiver and an 18 month contract.

Checked out the rivals - Orange doing a reasonable deal on the HTC Touch Diamond - rang O2 told em I was looking at the Orange deal - the coal face spoke to the backroom and in two days I had a the new Orbit for free on my same monthly payment plan and just a 12 month contract. Saves messing about changing car phone holders/chargers and staying with O2 means I also continue to benefit from a £5.60 off the monthly payment described as "loyalty reward" :thumbs:

New Orbit, which has the HTC cube software, is a great improvement as is the the revised sat nav. :)

apparently they don't make any money until after about 13 months and as people tend to do as you do and get a new phone after 12, the phone companies have to offer longer contracts. You still get to upgrade after just over a year or so usually but have to take another 18 months.

apparently they don't make any money until after about 13 months and as people tend to do as you do and get a new phone after 12, the phone companies have to offer longer contracts. You still get to upgrade after just over a year or so usually but have to take another 18 months.

Stew: CBA to read all the thread, but is your number still 07XXXXXX973 (same as Wales run last time)? If so I'll have a dig and see how much value they are putting on you and see where you stand getting a 12 month contract. Who did you speak to? Was it plain customer services or retention? I can tell you O2 are working very hard at keeping their customers, but it may be that they dont do 12 month contracts any more. Telcos know very much that its easier and cheaper to keep current customers than win new ones, so we'll see what we can do.

Well it was the xda 2 or htc touch I was wanting.

Try the gimmee or I go to Orange line - are you ringing 202 - thats where I got my deal sorted :)

Just FFS don't make the mistake of switching to Orange. I did that before I realised how diabolical their reception is. :headhurt:

Stew: CBA to read all the thread, but is your number still 07XXXXXX973 (same as Wales run last time)? If so I'll have a dig and see how much value they are putting on you and see where you stand getting a 12 month contract. Who did you speak to? Was it plain customer services or retention? I can tell you O2 are working very hard at keeping their customers, but it may be that they dont do 12 month contracts any more. Telcos know very much that its easier and cheaper to keep current customers than win new ones, so we'll see what we can do.

Yes Chris it is.

That would be awesome, cheers. I just called to see if I could upgrade (which I can as of 17th August) but it was just some foreign accented dude I spoke to. I was half expecting a 'please stay' call but haven't got one as yet!

My bills are fairly low but I was always in a high band for upgrades so it was free data phones etc.

Specific job requirements

Overall role

The overall core responsibility of the job holder is as follows:

• Supporting the Consumer Postpay Retention Marketing manager

• Managing, reporting and analysing Consumer retention costs (c£300m pa)

• Forecasting the volume and value of disconnections and upgrades

Core responsibilities

• Monthly management of retention costs and disconnection volumes, with variance analysis against forecast

• Development of upgrade propensity and customer decay models to aid the budgeting process

• Management of CPW upgrade financials and volumes and analysis of disconnections to assess their performance

• Exploit the use of Vision tool to improve understanding of the deals conducted in the retention centres and ensure investment is aligned to value

• Analysis of the impact on customer margin during the upgrade process to add insight

• Manage the Retention scorecard to ensure it is relevant and assist with it driving through business improvements

:yawn::yawn:

So now that someone called Derek is probably doing it, they have probably worked out that it is better not to have Scottish people on the network as they use so much bandwidth with everyone keep saying 'Pardon', or something silly.

Outlook isnt looking too good on the 12 month contract front. It appears O2 have stopped doing any 12 month contracts, so I dont think you will be able to get one. All telcos are trying to force people into 18 month contracts for some time now, usually by pricing 18 month contracts more favourably. O2 seem to be the first to get rid of 12 month contracts all together. But, try going to someone like Voda/Orange for 12 months and you'll get the same crap deals compared to 18 month contracts. Its just the way the market is going.

Now for the bight side :teeth: I think you should still get a decent upgrade on handset. Your spend has been reasonable, simlar to mine last year and I managed to get a better deal from Vodafone, so try haggling with them. For the best deals you need to go through to retention as they have the most power. From there you should easily be able to get unlimited data or money off your contract, esp if you moan about the long contract. I got £10 a month off from Voda this year along with a new phone, so I dont see why you cant get something similar. If you like the idea of mobile internet, then free data could be good as thats normally what, £7.50 a month?

Give it a go and see :)