Cubby hole flap

Ekona

Am I right in saying that the cubby hole flab in the centre console was changed for the revup cars and onwards? On earlier cars I think it slots back into the console when open, but on the later cars it stays sticking out, yes?

I only ask as I've scratched mine to buggery and need a new one, and don't want to order the wrong part if I can help it.

Thanks!

Popped into the dealership today to see how much a new flap actually is. Now I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but I do think that £123 is taking the p*ss somewhat. :scare:

I think I'll have a go at spraying mine first to see if I can make it look semi-decent. I'm not sure I can ruin it any more, put it that way! Just need to decide on the colour now...

Popped into the dealership today to see how much a new flap actually is. Now I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but I do think that £123 is taking the p*ss somewhat. :scare:

I think I'll have a go at spraying mine first to see if I can make it look semi-decent. I'm not sure I can ruin it any more, put it that way! Just need to decide on the colour now...

Try Partfinder mate, you may be suprised, I know these are rare but it might be worth a go :thumbs:

Try Partfinder mate, you may be suprised, I know these are rare but it might be worth a go :thumbs:

Not a bad idea, might try that now. Cheers!

Chris at JDM Performance used to supply a set of self adhesive aluminium effect decals for the air vents, sunglasses holder and the cubby. Maybe worth a try before you commit to paint.

The trouble is I've scratched both the main part AND the lever bit as well, and the sticky bits only cover the main face of the flap. :(

If you have a cubby with a flip or without a flip you may be able to remove the cubby part so you can put a screen in... Just have to take your dash apart

Having just spent a weekend taking it to bits and dremmeling it to make the TomTom XL fit in it perfectly, I'm loathe to change plans at this point again. Besides, how do you think I scratched it in the first place?! :lol:

Must've changed it for the '07s then, as my brother's car has sat nav but no lid at all.

Thinking about it, even if that part from JDM doesn't let me rob the lid from it, I wonder if it's possible to change the whole thing? Go from flip to retractable?

Must've changed it for the '07s then, as my brother's car has sat nav but no lid at all.

Thinking about it, even if that part from JDM doesn't let me rob the lid from it, I wonder if it's possible to change the whole thing? Go from flip to retractable?

Sorry I mean't to say for the MY03 cars as from the MY06 onwards the retractable lid was discontued AFAIK........ :)

Right, gotcha.

Why didn't Nissan just make one type and leave the bloody thing alone! :angry::lol:

Just for reference I had two MY03's the 53 plate with Sat Nav had the retractible lid and the GT4 with no sat nav had the flip lid. MY06 onwards was flip lid or none IIRC :)

• 1 month later...

Yep it is possible to change over. You just change the bit with the flip to the bit that goes in.. I think 04 up you should be of with the material on the front..

Funny enough if you have a flip up one, you can unscrew the cubby off the back and fit a satnav in, so you can infact have a satnav screen in a flip up... its a DIY job though!

Am wondering if you could fit an 07 screen (no flip, flop, slip or slide lid) into an 04 with all the buttons... Have also wondered if you can fit a G35 centre console into a 350z so you get the cool pop up monitor!!