My car got keyed last night.

Z Boy

Only been about 2 weeks since I've had the Zed and some pikey has finally keyed it while it's been on my driveway. :headhurt:

Tried polishing it out but it hasn't made much difference really. Going to try and see if my detailer can do any better. Fingers crossed.

Seriously can't wait to move house next week to somewhere not so crap! :angry:

There's plenty of the little shits around here so I don't really have a hope in hell of finding the one that did it. Even bought a decent car cover the other day but haven't had a chance to put it on yet due to all the rain and it not being dry enough to put it on (gotta put it on a dry car apparently) so that's just typical really!

Aaw, that really sux!! When I got my Z over 4 years ago, I'd only had it for 1.5 weeks, and some little delight keyed it, happened quite a few times since.

The trick I've found is careful use of swirl remover, leave it to cure (as per directions whatever brand you are using), then do another layer, same again. Then once all done, put a couple of layers of wax over, obviously letting each layer cure properly, using good microfibre cloths. This process has hidden all bar the worst key mark (very deep). Won't do a respray until it's not a DD anymore.

Also used this process on a number of black beasties I've groomed, worked really well.

Have a bash at that anyway, let us know how you get on. ;)

I know what you mean, I hope I don't actually catch them in the act or I'll probably end up in prison lol.

Or worse...... I am afraid these days for "keyed" take that as likely to be "knifed". :angry:

Gutted for you ZBoy so soon after geting the car but make sure the same dosen't happen to you - maybe a cctv camera trained on your drive may deter, or at least make the scroats move on somewhere else. Lets face it that sort of low-life take the easy option of doing their 'thing' :dry:

So gutted for you, you had only said last week about being worried... Why oh why do people begrudge people owning something decent if they've worked hard for it... What's worse is even if you could catch them, the police would give them 2 hours community service for which they wouldn't turn up for... But then that's why kids behave the way they do because there are no consequences.

Good idea moving soon :thumbs:

Just thinking about this, make sure you report it to the police. They'll never catch the person but adds to their stats another unsolved crime and highlights scumbags being rife in the community. They'd prefer you didn't report it because they're very unlikely to solve but I always would. Especially as when you watch the news and they talk about types of crime reducing, too often I think no, people just don't bother reporting as much as they know it won't be solved... Which is definitely not how it should be...

sorry to hear the news

it could of been worse, saw a golf the other day where someone had keyed there name completely down one side of the car :scare: It was very visible from 40 ft away so the cut must of been deep and wide

sorry to hear the news

it could of been worse, saw a golf the other day where someone had keyed there name completely down one side of the car :scare: It was very visible from 40 ft away so the cut must of been deep and wide

Any one caught doing this should be dipped in flesh stripping acid :angry:

And i am not joking :dry: