rant about drunks.......

well as some of u may know i've just bought a takeaway... obviously trying to keep everyone sweet.......but tonight this guy really took the P*SS..

we shut at 11 basically....i went out for a smoke about maybe about 10:55 and i locked the door behind me....this guy walks up pushes the door and shouts uve got to be fu*king kidding me...(i was about 2 metres away)

i turned and said to him were shut sir.. sorry... he then turns around and said he hopes we do @*!#...its a shame to everyone and i should be fu*king ashamed...f*ck this and f*ck that... ps all the way through this i just said ok sir... yes sir....

as it was a semi regular i said ill go ask the kitchen see if there still on... he then replies with shuv it up your ar*e... f*ck that dont want it anymore...

so i reply..ok sir suit yourself.... walk back into the shop... as soon as he see's this he tries to smile and say o yeh maybe i will have some food...

to be honest i didnt want to serve him but whatever i let him in.... then i said to him... i feel you should apologise for what you said or your order will be rammed in the bin..... he then flips.... saying i shouldn't speak to him like that...gonna chin me and me family....that really was the last straw...im ashamed to say i told him to f*cking get out of the shop.... but no still standing there f'ing and blinding at me....my mother then walks out and he shouts at her... my mum told me to go in the kitchen...he then left....

im absolutely fuming.i dunno if i handled it wrong or what but i actually just wanna smack him...arghhhhhhhhhh

rant over :rant:

ho

(sorry if the spelling is bad... still in a bad mood)

I'd have felt like smacking him as well, but I think it was much better you didnt. Drunk arseholes like this guy will be along everyday, and as hard as it is, you just have to ignore these people.

Used to deal with drunks quite a bit in my last job as a bobby(ducks and hides for cover :headhurt:), and theres just no reasoning with them.

You did well not to lose your rag

It's a bit of a tough situation, especially if he's a semi regular customer. A little bit of diplomacy and humour him perhaps to keep things as calm as possible as it's not totally off the cards for a verbally abusive person might turn physically.

No one has any place speaking to someone in that manner. If he's not a forgetful drunk he might be so embarrassed he won't come in again for some time, or maybe he doesn't give a hoot.

Ultimately when it is your business you don't really want anyone bad mouthing you or your business. Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and a drunk will often slant in their favour.

My 02 cents worth, hope it helps.

You did well not to lose your rag

He sure did.

Install a camera, film this crap, then play it back constantly on TV... a pub in Hull used to do this to shame the idiots from ever coming back in - one particularly memorable video had a bloke walking around dancing with his knob out - doubt if he ever came back in!

erm......... that could reduce the amount of people who want to order food :headhurt:

I'm always of the opinion if you insult people serving you food you get bodily fluid in your meal - not saying Ho does but that's what I'd do. :)

A big NO NO mate :)

20 years i have worked in a pizza shop till midnight and yes you do get some A-holes in but the best way is to serve them asap and get them back out of the shop, never make eye to eye contact and just smile. Happy days. :D:D

if he does start again then lay him out. No messing, once is insulting but twice is well out of order.

I'd hate to cross you Stew! :lol:

I'm the most docile person you could meet Nixy!

Ho, honestly you did the right thing again. It's the polices job to deal with this. You know fine that if you intervene you will be beaten up, your car will be wrecked and your shop will be trashed.