Twin Turbo or ITBS

ColinS

Twin Turbo or ITBs?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Twin Turbo or ITBs?

• Twin Turbo
    • ITBs

There sooooo different in what they do why compair them ??

If it was a street car i would have twins for out right power.

A track car i would take the ITB's for response and reliability.

Where have you seen ITB's?? People all over the states want them and no one have a working set yet ?? apart from RJN and they wont tell us the set up! lol...

I was speaking about them the other day but call them throttle bodies....

My mate had them on his 2.1 16V rally (ish) spec corsa. Simply awesome! :teeth:

But probably TTs unless a good value throttle body kit becomes available!

Forget the cost just now, if you were given the choice of a free low pressure TT or an ITB kit fitted to your car what would you choose?

Jenvey do a kit:

admin note: pic removed, inadvertantly linked to a site that search engines report as malware

Jenvey do a kit:

admin note: pic removed, inadvertantly linked to a site that search engines report as malware

Can you imagine the face on a dealer when he came to service that! Given Nissans past record, they'd probably not even know what they are :lol:

Any idea on the gains on the Zed for an otherwise stock Zed with TBs (obviously remapped)?

sorry if this is a stupid question

but how would the itb be able to pull in enough air in the config of the picture above, i thought the whole idea of this was to get as much air into each cyclinder as the greedy little cyclinder wanted, surely you would need to modify the bonnet somehow to get a decent response from this?

and not to mention some decent ecu tuning,

:) id love to see someone running this properly.

£1500 for that kit?

Where did £1500 come from?

Any idea on the gains on the Zed for an otherwise stock Zed with TBs (obviously remapped)?

No one knows, as no one has done it. Only race teams. I have a VERY nice clip of one on my phone i'll load up tonight when i get home.

sorry if this is a stupid question

but how would the itb be able to pull in enough air in the config of the picture above, i thought the whole idea of this was to get as much air into each cyclinder as the greedy little cyclinder wanted, surely you would need to modify the bonnet somehow to get a decent response from this?

You don't normally run it op like that, an airbox would normally be fitted round it.

Top Secret Kit

vq35parts.jpg

Massive Pic:

http://www.topsecretjpn.com/products/vq35itbx.jpg

Colin, I think you find yourself in the position of knowing more about this than anyone on here so it seems a little strange that you are running a poll to make your decision. It sounds like you have the enthusiasm (and perhaps funds) to be a pioneer, so why not just go for it. :)

Colin, I think you find yourself in the position of knowing more about this than anyone on here so it seems a little strange that you are running a poll to make your decision. It sounds like you have the enthusiasm (and perhaps funds) to be a pioneer, so why not just go for it. :)

It's not that i am using the poll to make my decision, was just wondering what peoples thoughts were. Would liked to have seen results from the poll that regardless of cost what do people like better, what would people prefer to drive etc

I think they would sound awesome but the top secret kit is roughly £3500/4000 before fitting remap etc. Is there any figures on the power gains for any of these kits?

Top Secret kit is way over priced and is mounted at the completely wrong angle compaired to the ports.

There are NO figures on power gains as only race teams have done it along with a fully built engine. Only thing to say is ITBs don't make big peak power gains, it's all about under the graph with them.