Lowering experience

dcash5

Right,

Basically i need to lower the ride height on my car and need to know your experiences of it. I was looking at bilstein pss9's and come to decision that i cant justify 1400 quid on it

I.e;

whats your set up?

how much you pay?

Ride comfort/handing etc?

Cheers in advance

Cusco Zero 2 coilovers, Cusco Front & Rear sway bars - dropped 20mm (i think), Dampers set to stage3 & sway bar on stiffest setting

Cost around £1200 (Price was for Coilovers,F&R Sways, Strut Brace, Shipping from U.S & customs)

Pretty uncomfortable, handling is truly amazing

KW var3.

A good price from ESR. Less than your price.

Dropped 30mm. Feels like I am driving on rails and although its a little hard it feels great.

Downside, cant do substancial speedbumps but as there are none on my regular routes I can get by. With the C west kit the front is about 9 cms above the ground.

Upside beats the downside for me :D

Right,

Basically i need to lower the ride height on my car and need to know your experiences of it. I was looking at bilstein pss9's and come to decision that i cant justify 1400 quid on it

I.e;

whats your set up?

how much you pay?

Cheers in advance

wow - 1400 quid is nuts! give us a ring if you are after these...we're a direct bilstein dealer and MUCH less than that! We've sold a ton here in the states

Cusco Zero 2 coilovers, Cusco Front & Rear sway bars - dropped 20mm (i think), Dampers set to stage3 & sway bar on stiffest setting

Cost around £1200 (Price was for Coilovers,F&R Sways, Strut Brace, Shipping from U.S & customs)

what tires are you running?

for street use, set front and rear dampening down a click - I think I used to run mine at 1 up front, 2 out back, and on 18 inch T1S, set to 35 psi cold.

The V3 are a fantastic setup as well and one we've done loads of times also on the Z. It's biggest downside is that being 2 way adjustable for compression and rebound, the level of adjustment is usually outside the realm of what most end users skill level. It really takes some specialized datalogging equipment to make the most of them, which is why for most people, the V2 are a better overall choice.

To date, for pure street use, the Bilsteins have been my favorite, and I've used close to 30 different sets of coilovers over the years on the Z

for street use, set front and rear dampening down a click - I think I used to run mine at 1 up front, 2 out back, and on 18 inch T1S, set to 35 psi cold.

Falken 245/35/19 & 275/35/19

Right,

I.e;

whats your set up?

how much you pay?

Cheers in advance

Give me a call Dan and I can talk you through the pro's and cons of all the available systems.

Falken 245/35/19 & 275/35/19

gotcha - no experience with those I'm afraid, sorry

ride quality has alot to do with tires, tire pressure, etc. If your roads are particularly bumpy, as they are near us, try the settings I suggested and let me know how you make out

Swaybars? Are you in the U.S?? :lol:

The United States of Wales.....

:p:p

no personal experience with the zed but on my last car i had fully adjustable koni's which were superb

although i do know that bilstein worked directly with the 350z to develop their set up, they were reveiwed in a magazine i had and they tested it back to back on a track with the s tune, the billy's were much better

Whats the comfort level like on just a set of springs. and will this nackered the shocks as with other cars?

Eibach springs work very well on the Z

+1

It might not be for everyone. Obviously it's not as sporty and no adjustment like with coil overs.

I am happy with Eibach on my chariot and it gives a good stance.

If you have the cash burning a whole in your pocket then I doubt you'd be disappointed with a coilover application.

Whats the comfort level like on just a set of springs. and will this nackered the shocks as with other cars?

several good choices, depends on the year of the car though, as the shocks differ based on production date

Car is a 03 JDM Adam? What are the options please?

Hotchkis works particularly well on the 03's, as well as the RSR springs and Eibach Pro Kit. I find the Hotchkis and RSR to work the best on the older models, as they have a tendency to get quite bouncy in the rear. Both these springs tame that significantly, and ride essentially like a stock car, with just a modest drop (about 3/4 inch) - noticeable but not to the point of it being "slammed". Better overal comfort to the Eibach Pro Kit as well I find (again on earlier models)

+1

It might not be for everyone. Obviously it's not as sporty and no adjustment like with coil overs.

If you have the cash burning a whole in your pocket then I doubt you'd be disappointed with a coilover application.

This looks like a good choice to me money wise :):)

+1

£185 delivered :thumbs:

+1

£185 delivered :thumbs:

Phil, is this the PRO KIT or SPORTS LINE KIT ??