Heellllpppppp! I want a Zed sooooo much!

Hey all! I'm new to this forum and I was hoping I can get some advice?? Sorry to make my first post a list of questions!

I've wanted a 350 since I first saw one in 2003, and I'm finally close to buying one (hopefully this week!). I wondered if you could answer the following questions before I take the plunge:

1. Firstly, any guides on what I should be paying for one? I'm looking at a 54 plate, UK GT with 39k miles @ £13.5k. This seems about 3 or 4 grand cheaper than when I looked 12 months ago. Have they really dropped that much recently?

2. What costs are involved with ownership? I'm expecting £600 for a set of tyres. How long do they last on average? £100 for a tank of fuel, lasting 350-400 miles? I've been quoted servicing at £245 for a P1, £295 for a P2 and £350 for a P3. Anything else that I should be budgeting for? What other servicing items are there (clutches, brake discs and pads etc) and how often should I expect to replace them? I know all these are like asking 'how long is a piece of string', but are there any average figures?

3. Any recommendations for insurance. I've used confused.com and it's come up with £750 for fully comp for a 29yo with 4 years NCB and 3 points. Sound about right?

4. Any clubs or meetings in the Manchester area?

Any answers are VERY gratefully received!

Cheers, Steve.

:welcome:

1) Yes they have, although that is still quite cheap.

2) My 19 inch Pirelli's cost £500, fronts last about 15k and rears 10k depending on how gay your driving is. Fuel sounds about right, again, depending on how you drive. Service prices you've been quoted sound about £50 overpriced. Discs will last anything upto about 30k......pads about 15k-20k

3) Add a female driver to your policy, should lower it.

4) Loads of owners in and around Manchester

Liam

:thumbs:

Hi and welcome to the site.

Sarnie has pretty well covered all your questions. Have a look in the frequently asked questions and guides sections for a few tips.

Prices on all similar cars have dived recently so its nothing against the zed in particular. They are still great.

If you want any specific comments on the car you are looking at post up a link and we will check it out.

Plenty of owners around Manchester and quite a few meets.

Welcome, :welcome:

and Yes they have, Sarnie is right [darn it, that makes it about twice now ] ;)

500-800 depending on your choice of tyre all pretty much better than what Nissan put on to start with. I think a hat has an influence on mileage as well.

P1 seem to be 190 - 220 at the moment depends on where you are and of course if you supply your own oil it is less and you get better oil. About right for P3.

String I used today was 1.2m, but it can vary.

Modding can run up thousands ask around.

For insurance check out http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10922

and

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=47

and damn damn damn Sarnie is right again that makes about 3 times.

Welcome and enjoy !

Oh check out the for Sale section on here

;)

Thanks fellas! No 'hidden' costs that I should be accounting for?? Link to the car is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=011

(Please don't gazzump me!!!!)

I saw it today and it's the tidiest I've seen so far. It's had the clicking rear axle problem sorted. Didn't check the CD player. Should I have looked for anything else?? Does it look a good buy??

3. Any recommendations for insurance. I've used confused.com and it's come up with £750 for fully comp for a 29yo with 4 years NCB and 3 points. Sound about right?

i'm 27 with the same points and NCB, and i have been quoted £400 fully comp. £530 with my gf (25, 3NCB ).

However, i live in the sticks, and if you live in a city that would probably add a lot, especially if its not garaged.

i'm 27 with the same points and NCB, and i have been quoted £400 fully comp. £530 with my gf (25, 3NCB ).

However, i live in the sticks, and if you live in a city that would probably add a lot, especially if its not garaged.

Who's that with matey??

Who's that with matey??

Sainsburys (underwritten by esure) thats with 150 excess, and legal etc. No breakdown though.

Could have got it for 350ish with Esure direct, but they won't accept named drivers with less than 4 years NCB.

Damn... im paying £2550 for insurance this year, cos im under 25 and i've obviously failed in the postcode lottery.

I paid £13k for my JDM zed with 34k on the clock - i've done 10k miles in it so far since last October and the only thing i've had to pay for is a set of rear pads. Its unbelievable - i've done 11k in it and its cost me £60 - im very impressed. It need a service though but im skint till next month! i think its probably worth about £9k now though with this recent depreciation!

For fuel - i used to get 300 miles out of a £75 tank, but i recently changed my driving style (i.e. took off heavy right shoe) and i now get about 415 miles from a tank!!

Just checked the auction - doesn't look like you've won - but keep looking you'll find one! (i actually bought the first one i saw!)

...and to everyone... sarnie's nice-ness is starting to freak me out...!

Chris.

Damn... im paying £2550 for insurance this year, cos im under 25 and i've obviously failed in the postcode lottery.

I paid £13k for my JDM zed with 34k on the clock - i've done 10k miles in it so far since last October and the only thing i've had to pay for is a set of rear pads. Its unbelievable - i've done 11k in it and its cost me £60 - im very impressed. It need a service though but im skint till next month! i think its probably worth about £9k now though with this recent depreciation!

For fuel - i used to get 300 miles out of a £75 tank, but i recently changed my driving style (i.e. took off heavy right shoe) and i now get about 415 miles from a tank!!

Just checked the auction - doesn't look like you've won - but keep looking you'll find one! (i actually bought the first one i saw!)

...and to everyone... sarnie's nice-ness is starting to freak me out...!

Chris.

I'm not being particuarly nice :p

I just give my opinion if someone asks for it or not :lol:

Im from manchester (ish) way, warrington to be true, I have just had a P3 done at a cost of £200+ VAT, car didnt require it, but I have only just bought it and I like 'peice of mind' when I buy new cars.

Did you go to tdi norrth ?