Dilemma

newswseller

I've spotted a 07 Reg 300BHP Black 350z GT with Sat Nav and 7k miles for an insane £18999 at a dealers, My local Nissan dealership has the same car with higher mileage for £23990

However i would be looking to part ex my RX-8 (low mileage 55reg) in which has a part-ex value of £8,650- £9,020 (glasses, autotrader, parkers)... The problem is though the dealer wont give me more than £7k in part ex...

So even though i'm basically giving the car away for nothing (which sickens me quite a lot), i would still be getting a good deal, just not such a good deal.

Should I just take the offer (ive tried haggling with no success) or chance it and try n sell the car privately for a little more than the £7k and just hope the 350z is still for sale later?

Just so everyone knows I've been trying to flog the mazda with no success since february and gradually my asking price has dropped all the way from £12k down to £7,950..

You can have my 07 spec 313GT for £21500 inc 11 months tax.9000 Miles and just had its 1st service.Registered on 27th June last yr.Sat nav and all the rest of the GT goodies.

Thinking of sticking an ad on pistonheads because I am run off my feet at work at the mo and it is just sitting doing nothing(going to get busier for the next 4 or 5 months).3/4 of a tank of petrol in the last month.:teeth:

7k for the RX8 seems extreme! If its a case of these cars not selling due to the tax, fuel etc then same applies to the Z's for sale - but then again maybe thats why the Z you've seen is a good price. I would rather let some private punter get a good deal off me than the dealer though!

My dilemma is I've got the money to buy but with the prices dropping all the time I don't want to buy then see the prices fall further.

Every time I go onto Pistonheads or Autotrader I see the same cars for sale and the prices seem to be falling all the time. I was looking at an 05 or 06 but with the way the prices are going I'm now looking at 07's.

The price range is compressing with the early UK's and imports at the bottom and the late UK's at the top but the upper price band is falling all the time and the bottom staying fairly static or only falling slightly.

Probably won't have a trade in either so I'm hoping I can get a good deal.

If you wait 5 years the prices will probably be even lower :D

I think you need to get one before this fantastic summer weather goes away !

Tomorrow you mean :dry:

In south Wales very likely :lol:

Every time I've been over to Swansea this year it has chucked it down or just drizzled all day.

Every time I've been over to Swansea this year it has chucked it down or just drizzled all day.

We are gonna have to stop you coming over then :p

Been great today, just got back in from a trip to Barry Island :blush:

Luvley and sunny here today :sun::sweat: Rain forecast for tomorrow though :angry:

Luvley and sunny here today :sun::sweat: Rain forecast for tomorrow though :angry:

Sunny over here of course, and with those bridge tolls adding to the fun with those roadworks on the M4 you are clearly working on stopping me coming over :lol:

Did you know it was the Welsh who named Somerset originally as it always looked sunny when they looked over :p so they named it after Summer, spelling was never their strongest skill ;)

Unfortunatly selling an RX8 privately can be a nightmare. as I found out.

Too many of them on the market.

Though in Jan I got £9.5k for a 54 plate with average miles

My dilemma is I've got the money to buy but with the prices dropping all the time I don't want to buy then see the prices fall further.

Every time I go onto Pistonheads or Autotrader I see the same cars for sale and the prices seem to be falling all the time. I was looking at an 05 or 06 but with the way the prices are going I'm now looking at 07's.

The price range is compressing with the early UK's and imports at the bottom and the late UK's at the top but the upper price band is falling all the time and the bottom staying fairly static or only falling slightly.

Probably won't have a trade in either so I'm hoping I can get a good deal.

Exactly the dilemma I am also facing. I am on holiday quite a bit over the next couple of months so I am going to try and sell my car (Leon Cupra R) privately and if it doesn't sell look at the part ex route later.

But I do agree that the factors that have pushed down the price of that Z are the same factors that have pushed down the price of your RX8. Overall it seems like a good deal so if you have the funds go for it.

The deed is done, I'm collecting the car on the 2nd August.. Gonna stick the RX-8 on Ebay for £7100 and hope it sells, otherwise i'll just have to give it to the dealer

Congrats! First drive in it will take away any woes you have :drive1

its a bugger isn't it - think I'll keep the Z until it's ready for the big scrap heap in the sky!

I'm thinking the same with mine now. 53 reg, 52k miles, its going to be worth sod all! Think I might get me some turbos, suspension, brakes, etc to tide me over til the 370z has been out long enough to get one second hand. Then I might just put parts of the 350 on display in my house. Motor into a living room table me thinks ala TG!

The deed is done, I'm collecting the car on the 2nd August.. Gonna stick the RX-8 on Ebay for £7100 and hope it sells, otherwise i'll just have to give it to the dealer

Why stick it on ebay for £7k when the dealers offereing you £7k? Just give it to them and relieve yourself the trauma of selling privately? Or at least stick it on ebay for £8k to make it worth doing.............

Why stick it on ebay for £7k when the dealers offereing you £7k? Just give it to them and relieve yourself the trauma of selling privately? Or at least stick it on ebay for £8k to make it worth doing.............

+1 How much do Ebay take too?