Best exhaust for the zed?

Dale350z

Guest prescience

Gixxer, I'm surprised at you - you can't be recommending a purchase based on a Youtube video :surrender:

Gixxer, I'm surprised at you - you can't be recommending a purchase based on a Youtube video :surrender:

:lol: no and you would need 650bhp, internals upgraded, a blow off valve and couple of buckets for turbo's to get that sound :thumbs:

sound is much too personal a choice to ever recommend imo :surrender:

Guest prescience

:lol: no and you would need 650bhp, internals upgraded, a blow off valve and couple of buckets for turbo's to get that sound :thumbs:

Faith is restored :lol:

Faith is restored :lol:

phew ......... now lets go and watch top gear ;)

Something that needs to be considered is if you are interested in FI applications then your exhaust requirements might be different.

I think you need to have a good chat with a reputable tuner and get sorted out as to what you want / need before purchasing anything.

Ive got a custom magnaflow exhaust, its loud, has a nice bass when in low revs and a smooth high pitched note at higher revs.

tbh, i also like the dc sports exhaust and also the nismo, might not be as loud as you think, but a y-pipe, high flow cats or decat pipes and you've got yourself the sound and feeling you're after.

i would recommend magnaflow, still been smiling since i bought it, but would also suggest superior brands like nismo & dc sports if you can stretch the budget.

i changed my y-pipe....the exhaust sounds louder, deeper and mroe free flowing now...throttle response is better.....best mod for exhaust if you like the stock sound!!!!

plus...the y-pipe change is needed if you want to upgrade to any other exhaust (unless true dual)....so give it a go if you are on a budget!

i changed my y-pipe....the exhaust sounds louder, deeper and mroe free flowing now...throttle response is better.....best mod for exhaust if you like the stock sound!!!!

sorry m8 thats not true...u dont have to change the y pipe for an after market exhuast

you dont have to...but its better you do...the y-pipe change does make a difference and improves the sound on any aftermarket exhaust....i doubt there are many owners running aftermarket exhausts with stock y-pipe...if they are?? change the y-pipe and enjoy the difference..well worth the £150 odd..

sorry m8 thats not true...u dont have to change the y pipe for an after market exhuast

you dont have to...but its better you do...the y-pipe change does make a difference and improves the sound on any aftermarket exhaust....i doubt there are many owners running aftermarket exhausts with stock y-pipe...if they are?? change the y-pipe and enjoy the difference..well worth the £150 odd..

im currently running the 5zigen with a stock y pipe... when my amuse r1 titan arrives i will be running it with the stock y pipe... personally i have been told from 07+ it makes next to no difference to add the after market y pipe as the 07+ have a redisgened y section...and i feel that the comment on throttle response is the placebo effect happening in your head as the ecu would minus any gains at all so throttle response wouldnt be improved...

-ho

im currently running the 5zigen with a stock y pipe... when my amuse r1 titan arrives i will be running it with the stock y pipe... personally i have been told from 07+ it makes next to no difference to add the after market y pipe as the 07+ have a redisgened y section...and i feel that the comment on throttle response is the placebo effect happening in your head as the ecu would minus any gains at all so throttle response wouldnt be improved...

-ho

dont know about 07+ y-pipe...but the previous year cars do benefit with a change in y-pipe...i guess we shouldnt go on about this as it is my opinion vs your opinion on the matter and its not fair on another member here who has asked us for recommendations...

as far as I am concerned change the y-pipe along with the exhaust and you will be happy...unless you go true dual...the end.

-ho

Have you felt the weight of a stock y-pipe compared to a stainless one :scare:

Y pipe is the bit that combines the gas flow from the the two exhaust manifolds into one pipe that leads to the back box. True dual exhausts don''t have a y pipe.

Hope that's clear as mud!