British GP result

Ebized

Got to admire Hamilton's drive this time - he IS the next Senna in my book. :) Could have lapped the whole field if he chose/was allowed.

And McLaren made the Ferrari contribution look very weak - Massa so lucky not to have binned it with the spins he had. Shame Barricello had a fuel fill problem otherwise he would have bettered his 3rd place - inspired trye choice, although I thought Martin was a bit strong on his trye views when it was raining - seeing what Lewis could do on the inters.

Good viewing just looking forward to no ad interuptions next year.

What's the betting of Donnington getting the GP from 2010 - I reckon it is a hurry-up call from Bernie to Silverstone? Knowing the planning process that will take a year+ - its not so much what they want/have to do on the circuit its the off-site issues that will throw the real gremlins. :dry:

That was one awesome piece of driving, cant understand how he managed to be so much quicker than the rest.

Made the others look like Stanski :lol:

Reckon Stanski would have given them a run for their money - even with a box full of cakes on board ;)

Just had to post something seeing I have hit a 1000 posts and am now a veteran in all respects :lol::blush:

That was one awesome piece of driving, cant understand how he managed to be so much quicker than the rest.

Reckon Stanski would have given them a run for their money - even with a box full of cakes on board ;)

Just had to post something seeing I have hit a 1000 posts and am now a veteran in all respects :lol::blush:

Whore :p:lol:

+1 :lol:

+1 :lol:

Pure novice compared with you 2 :p and oi, :nospam:

Now we're talking. Get Mansell in one of them an see what he could do! :teeth:

See that swift move nearer to topic.....

:thumbs::please:

mbs: If you must put the zimmers forward please at least do the honourable thing and post up one with wheels on it :angry:

It really was some race.

Although Hamiltons performance was perfect he didn’t win it on over all pace. He kept the car on the track when the others were spinning like they didn’t know which direction to go. That showed he’s real talent. To be able to maintain a good pace and keep it on the track with so little experience behind him.

Ferrari lost any chance of winning the race themselves. As soon as they saw the times Ruben was putting in they should of pitted Kimi for extreme wets. At one point Ruben was putting in laps 30’s up on everyone. That’s a pit stop. Two laps at that pace and you’ve covered the time needed to put the tyres on and change them back to inters. Rubens career long bad luck never leaves him. Of all the people to have fuel rig problems it had to be him.

Can’t work Massa out. He’s never been the best in the wet but come on. He could have been running a short throttle peddle like Rubens but I don’t think he does. Maybe he was running a lower ride height to everyone else.

Heidfeld, great race. Excellent passing move. It looked so simple.

The real first lap looser was Webber. He must have been gutted when he spun on the first lap. Great qualifying lap and he was rumoured to have had they same fuel as last year. I was really looking forward to seeing his pace and if the fuel rumour was true.

Donnington would be a great track. There were a few comments mentioned over the weekend that were interesting. The CEO of Donnington said they had been working with the planning authority and the council for sometime so the plan is probably in place and just needs approval. Bernie drop a hint that although contracts were signed Silverstone could do a deal with Donnington. The CEO of Donnington also said the 100M funding would come from a “fan-powered debentureâ€

re: the donnington thing, it is an awesome track but not convinced it would be suited to F1, it will be interesting to see what they do with the money, obviously other than the pit lane.

Heidfeld - what an excellent drive, to overtake 2 cars twice on that bit of track is incredible

Hamilton - drove very well, he really did show the people sitting on the fence about him what he can do, great position (considering canada) to be in half way through the season now, especially with massa getting no points an looking like a rookie..

I agree Heidfeld had a good race with some good overtaking moves but that was partly down to the poor tyre choice of others. When you compare his performance against Kubica in previous races he is clearly not in the same league - remember how Coulthard could not seem to get a quick single lap in for a long time at McLaren and that is Heidfeld's biggest 'achiles heel' - perhaps he does not have that natural ability Hamilton has to know the limits of grip in all conditions? As GC350z says, Massa had an appalling race - might have been a car set-up issue but he looked a complete novice - perhaps he is the opposite to Heidfeld - can get the most out of the car when it is dry but in the wet, and without traction control, he is literally all at sea!

Yeah, sometimes the 'limit' catches out the very best and in the windy conditions on Saturday that included Hamilton as well, aggravated by a turn in a couple of metres too early to throw him off line to lose mehanical (as well well as 'aero' grip) to send him off line and not get pole. But then to nearly steal the lead on the first corner in the race and hassle his team mate for several laps who had to pit for fuel first, showed that Lewis is in a different league. Hats off to him. :thumbs: