Some good news, a rant and a question.

martinmac

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mechanic started to take out my dashboard to fit the new one which had a dvd unit and combined flip up screen, he then realised it should be two separate units so it was the wrong one. Starting to really feel for the dealer on this one. :blush:

Looking at a very nice 07 radster gt with %k miles though.

Asking £24k, it a GT too. Pretty cheap IMO.

• 1 month later...

Just got home and there is a lengthy message from Nissan UK on my answerphone. Sounds like they must have been having an early christmas party.

The news is that Nissan have managed to get Clarion who supply the Birdview sat nav to appoint a UK supplier as the system clearly isnt working at the moment.

No news on a date yet but they seem very positive about it now.

8 months and counting :yawn:

Can't belive they still haven't sorted it. you have the patience of a saint. Having met your beautiful but forthright partner I can imagine the 'discussions' - guessing they are similar to those I used to have in mine. Let's just say heated and at times unhelpful. God bless sat nav, even if it is a tomtom.

To be honest I optioned everything on mine bar the satnav. I just can't get my head round paying 4 figures for a built in, but usually inferior version of something I can get for £200. Same went for my new Mondeo. My Road Angel updates whilst driving, including real time traffic info + every speed camera going. Cost £200. And will swap between cars. Less specced version in both my cars would have cost over £3k. Doesn't add up in my view.

Still you have a great motor with everything else now bang on. Can see why this is would finish it off nicely. Keep the faith. D

When my sat nav packed in in my Zed (aftermarket Alpine) I bought a TomTom so I can swap between cars and use it's built in blue tooth in my work hack if I can be bothered answering calls!

Good value these days.

Ask for a refund then use the cash for something else (keep the tom tom too!)

When my sat nav packed in in my Zed (aftermarket Alpine) I bought a TomTom so I can swap between cars and use it's built in blue tooth in my work hack if I can be bothered answering calls!

Good value these days.

Ask for a refund then use the cash for something else (keep the tom tom too!)

Tried the refund route and they werent interested Stew. To be honest I was losing the will to live after they sent the wrong replacement to the dealers last time. I am still not totally convinced they will be able to source a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

So, the new unit is now at my dealers and will be fitted when I get home next week :yahoo:

One point of interest, Clarion, have appointed a UK supplier to fix this problem. From now on the dealer will be dealing with someone they can phone and e-mail and not having to go to france.

Hopefully this will indeed be an improvement.. This has happened 2 weeks ago so if your dealer metions having to send things to France, correct them :D

So, the new unit is now at my dealers and will be fitted when I get home next week :yahoo:

One point of interest, Clarion, have appointed a UK supplier to fix this problem. From now on the dealer will be dealing with someone they can phone and e-mail and not having to go to france.

Hopefully this will indeed be an improvement.. This has happened 2 weeks ago so if your dealer metions having to send things to France, correct them :D

don't put money on it :lol:

Very Pleased for you mate!!! Its about time someone got something out of them.

I never went back in the end for my problems, thought it would be better off as they had it twice and made it worse twice! Fixed them myself.

I doubt it will be Clarions fault, I deal with Clarion in Hungary and they are one of the most responsive and helpful companies I know. I get allot of parts back under warranty and a dealership has normally fiddled/took them to bits so then the argument starts over whos caused the fault - Supplier or Nissan. So if no-one is willing to pay for it then the customer does not get anything done until this situation is cleared up. Even if it not the suppliers fault they normally end up footing the bill to keep Nissan a happy customer. Rant over.

:blush: