A couple of really dumb questions

CaptainSensible

OK, I'm not a Z owner yet, I have a couple of big holidays this summer (including a fly drive round Califirnia :teeth: ). Going to assess my finances upon my return and set myself a budget for a Z.

Anyway I have a couple of questions which I'm amost embarrassed to ask, but here goes:

1) Vertical orange bits in front bumper. Some cars seem to have them, some don't. What are they? I quite like them.

2) Do the CD players (standard and Bose) play .mp3 CDs? Seeing as you can fit 120+ songs on one it would reduce the requirement for a 6 CD changer for me.

Thanks, and sorry for being a dumb@ss.

OK, I'm not a Z owner yet, I have a couple of big holidays this summer (including a fly drive round Califirnia :teeth: ). Going to assess my finances upon my return and set myself a budget for a Z.

Anyway I have a couple of questions which I'm amost embarrassed to ask, but here goes:

1) Vertical orange bits in front bumper. Some cars seem to have them, some don't. What are they? I quite like them.

2) Do the CD players (standard and Bose) play .mp3 CDs? Seeing as you can fit 120+ songs on one it would reduce the requirement for a 6 CD changer for me.

Thanks, and sorry for being a dumb@ss.

1. Reflectors, except mine are white.(You can change them)

2. No

:thumbs:

vertical orange bits, all Z's come with them, if you change the front bumper for a aftermarket one then you'll no longer have them so the Z's you've seen without will have a bodykit on

Past Bose systems don't play MP3 files, not sure if the latest one does but I think it doesn't

No latest Bose from 1982 I think , complete with tape drive still and not MP3 DVD compatible that I have tried (mines '07) pants really not even a free Ipod cable stuck in there although I think you can get a kit which knowing Nissan will cost about £90!

Not worth it Ipod and fm transmitter like me mate - easiest and cheapest option! :thumbs:

Cool, thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be getting a standard one then.

But you have got me thinking now about whether a GT pack is worth the premium. I am not too fussed on the leather seats, and if I get a non-GT I could use the cash saved to get a kick ass stereo fitted. Hmmm....decisions, decisions!!

its the same questions really - get the Bose the cruise controls, the leaster heated seats (handy for a softtop) and the bluetooth if you get a coupe, but its the resale area that I think most people think about - if you want to sell later they appear to be the ones people look for ?

You can get a decent steoro for peanuts these days - good luck with your search and :welcome: btw

A few of the guys are thinking of selling on here - put a wanted post up? :thumbs:

i have one of those headphone to cassette conector things, i got it years ago so the new ones might have better quality, but it means i can plug one end into an ipod and put the cassette end in the bose stereo its not ace quality but it works, like i say my connector is prob 10 - 15 years old so new one might be much better, and cheaper than buying an external bolt on socket

Cool, thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be getting a standard one then.

But you have got me thinking now about whether a GT pack is worth the premium. I am not too fussed on the leather seats, and if I get a non-GT I could use the cash saved to get a kick ass stereo fitted. Hmmm....decisions, decisions!!

I'm waiting for my new zed, i didn't pick the GT pack, but i seem to be in the minority. The only part of it i was bothered about was the seats, but it wasn't worth the cost. I am planning to replace the stereo anyway - the BOSE system isn't that great and you get the 6 disk CD changer anyway on 2007 models onwards i think!

http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/vehicles/passenger/Z33/grades-and-specs/index.html?ln=/en_GB

• 1 month later...
Who needs CDs when you can have the tape player!

I'm currently looking for an adapter plate to fit the 8 track player that my dad had in his mini clubman!

i tried fitting a record player but it kept jumping :headhurt:

I've still got an 8 Track up in my loft somewhere :teeth:

and what happened to the austin 1100 it came out of ? :blush:

I'm currently looking for an adapter plate to fit the 8 track player that my dad had in his mini clubman!

TR7 actually :p

TR7 actually :p

full webasto sunroof ? mine did :thumbs: