No More 4x4 Ride Height (Lots of Pics)

Ian

:yahoo::yahoo:

I recieved a package from Adam@Z1 about 2 weeks ago with a few new bits for my Z :teeth:

Excellent service and advice yet again from adam :thumbs:

DSC_0870Medium.jpg

Cusco Zero-2 Coilovers, Cusco Front Sway Bar, Cusco Rear Sway Bar & A Cusco Strut Brace.

After a painful 2 week wait to get them fitted, I had them fitted today :yahoo:

DSC_0875Medium.jpg

DSC_0876Medium.jpg

DSC_0874Medium.jpg

DSC_0872Medium.jpg

DSC_0871Medium.jpg

DSC_0879Medium.jpg

DSC_0887Medium.jpg

DSC_0882Medium.jpg

DSC_0881Medium.jpg

These are amazing, the car handles so much better now & feels a lot more planted than it did before. I think I may have to raise the car up a bit though as its a bit low & I've already scraped the mid pipe on my exhaust about 10 times.

Unfortunatley the Cusco Strut Brace rubs on the Kinetix plenum so I am selling the plenum now to replace it with a spacer :blush:

Fully agree about the handling though, I couldnt believe how much more stable the car feels, still trying to find how much more it grips ;)

Its loads better :yahoo: Nowhere near as comfortable though.

I think im gonna have to get it raised a bit, unless I go over speedbumps at 2mph my exhaust is knocking :dry:

The height of the car looks B) Although if impractical for the sake of your exhaust it's prob worthwhile being slightly higher!

I may have a solution to that problem B)

From what I can see the lowest part of my car is the silencer in my mid pipe & its this bit that is scraping. Gonna get the car into a custom exhaust place I use & get the silencer replaced with a straight piece of pipe. Will hopefully solve the problem :teeth:

The height of the car looks B) Although if impractical for the sake of your exhaust it's prob worthwhile being slightly higher!

From what I can see the lowest part of my car is the silencer in my mid pipe & its this bit that is scraping. Gonna get the car into a custom exhaust place I use & get the silencer replaced with a straight piece of pipe. Will hopefully solve the problem :teeth:

I like your thinking, if you can keep it looking that good/low then it's worth going to any lengths imo! :teeth:

I like your thinking, if you can keep it looking that good/low then it's worth going to any lengths imo! :teeth:

+1

I like that alot. :D Has it made the ride bumpier or about the same ?

Much much bumpier :blush: gonna fiddle around with damper settings one day next week & maybe adjust the stiffness of the sway bar to see how much difference there is :)

I like that alot. :D Has it made the ride bumpier or about the same ?

Much much bumpier :blush: gonna fiddle around with damper settings one day next week & maybe adjust the stiffness of the sway bar to see how much difference there is :)

You'll need to stay away from those cattle grids for now :D

Looking good Ian. Although sounds like it is too stiff? Be interesting to see how you find it when played about with a bit.

Its really stiff, sway bars make a huge difference to the stiffness. Theres 2 settings to the sway bar but we are not sure which setting its on at the moment (Instructions are all in japanese, just waiting for cusco to email me some english instructions :blush: )

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd give an update/review as I've had a few people asking about the cusco stuff.

Handling

Is immense. I recently went on a drive out with some friends on some of the best mountain roads in the world. It was wet & the car stuck to the road like glue, I was following an Evo 6 & was keeping up pretty well.

Comfort

I've got mine set to setting 3 which is for fast road/track. Its not very comfortable but I can live with it for the benefits.

Practicallity

I've now learnt how to get over speed bumps without scraping, there are still the odd 1 or 2 that I hit everytime but nothing major, multistories were always a nogo anyway.

Overall i'm really happy with the setup that I have & would reccomend them to anyone. Also can't reccomend Adam@Z1 enough, the few times i've dealt with him hes been a great help in deciding what parts to get :thumbs:

Like all geniuses :ninja: I have played around with the settings a bit & despite saying initally the car needed to come up a bit, I decided that it would be a good idea today to drop the back all all the way down B) Hopefully it will settle down a bit more over the next day or so.

A few new pics :)

How the back looks now, I'll try and get some pics on the flat over the weekend.

DSC_1026Medium.jpg

DSC_1028Medium.jpg

Now got my Cusco brace fitted, with matt black plenum, Motordyne spacer & Carbon cooling panel (thanks to phil for those :thumbs: )

DSC_0941Medium.jpg

And my new show plate B)

DSC_1023Medium.jpg

And I know the car is filthy, I haven't washed it since JTS :blush: