I need to sell - but which car next ?

Thelongads

I've had some great news recently that I'm going to be a dad :yahoo: however the down side is that the Zed will need to go :rant:

Now I've got till Dec to sort out a replacement but I need to give myself time to sell it and i guess it may be worse to try and sell as it comes to Winter. My dilemma now is what to buy

I reckon I could get £17k for my Zed and the new car needs to a 5 door. (evo's and imprezza are out though as is anything that resembles a peope carrier :D ). its gotta be fast :p

help me decide

Ads

RX8.

Loved mine to bits and still miss it.

The back seats are very practical and are Isofix compatible.

Pushchairs even fit in the boot.

Oh, and Congrats! :yahoo:

Hadn't even thought of an RX8 due to percieved lack of boot space - will go and check one out :thumbs:

Might even get a good deal as the prices have dropped loads

Having come from a Ford background, i'm tempted towards a Focus ST with dreamscience map on it 265 bhp and 330nm torque B)

Ads

secondhand bmw m3 ? ? old skyline ? ? if you dont mind the retro look of some of the old mercs and the running costs they do have some old beastys if you can find em :)

rx 8 looks a safe bet though pal.........

monero !!!! think there about the same price range now seen one in the midland autotrader the other day, plenty of room for the kiddy wink,

It can be.

I used to average about 18mpg in town. low 20's on the motorway.

55lire tank very rarely see's 300miles.

Though you dont by a car like that for economy! If thats what you're after, then buy a Golf Diesel! :lol:

I had an RX8 for two years when they first came out and really liked it. It is practical compared with the Zed, the only problem I had with the boot is the opening isnt that wide to put stuff in. If you're used to the Zed's torque, it may seem strange having to rev the nuts off it to go fast, but its part of the fun like a Honda VTEC.

Economy wise, over 2 years the RX8 averaged 18-19mpg, the Zed does 22-23mpg over the same journeys. It does use some oil but its not really an issue and you can get it cheap through the owners club.

Apart from that you've got the usual stream of hot hatches, but some are only 3 door. The Golf GTi is always a sensible choice, or the Seat Leon FR/Cupra have 5 doors and the Cupra is 237bhp. New Audi S3 is nice but expensive.

I had a Mazda 6 MPS follow me home the other night, a bit dull looking but quick as it managed to keep up with me :teeth:

I've been going through the same dilemma about changing the Zed, and ive decided its very hard to find something to replace it without spending silly money.

Firstly, Many congratulations

Then shame about the Zed, but then when you come back round to 2 seaters in the future who knows what will be available.

I've had a lot of trouble with electrics on the powerful Audi's so I'm put off them.

Old school M5 or even slightly newer top spec but not M5 might get you an interesting vehicle.

RX-8, definately has more space than a Zed, I guess it comes down to how long you plan to keep the car. If a few years you may even have more than 1 child so the practicalities of getting them in and out will become more important.

thanks everyone for the congrats :thumbs:

My missus for the 1st time is sticking her oar into the whoe decision as she'll need to drive it while she's off (our other car is a 3 door Clio 182). Anything too big and old is definately out of the question :rant:

R32 is a good shout, got a friend at work with one and it sounds the business

The current list is (in no order)

1 - focus ST

2 - Golf R32

3 - RX8

need to get some test drives booked !! :lol:

definitely the golf out of those three. if you dont want to spend too much then the st. think the rx8's are abit of dull now, sound rubbish and lacking in torque.

had a go in a chipped st last week and it was seriously quick....just dont get in jaffa orange!! :D

think the rx8's are abit of dull now, sound rubbish and lacking in torque.

I am so not getting into that arguement!

Yes I am...

I thought my Zed sounded rubbish until I fitted a new exhaust. same thing I did to the Rex.

As for lack of torque. The car isnt designed for pure grunt like a Zed is. It's is handling that sets it above the rest for the price.

think the rx8's are abit of dull now, sound rubbish and lacking in torque.

I am so not getting into that arguement!

Yes I am...

I thought my Zed sounded rubbish until I fitted a new exhaust. same thing I did to the Rex.

As for lack of torque. The car isnt designed for pure grunt like a Zed is. It's is handling that sets it above the rest for the price.

how can you say a 350z sounds rubbish!! :wacko: