Nailed by a Toyota GT4 ??

Toon Chris

Had a nice run around the countryside yesterday and at one point found myself on some empty (!) dual carriageways with a Toyota GT4.

So off we went :teeth: with me in the lead.

Now I know he has a turbo and I know I have my GF with me but even so I couldn't shake him. He was foot to the floor and was keeping up, you could see the front end bob with the turbo kicking in, but he had mor puff than I did. When I got to miles an hour he cruised slowly but surely past me. All good natured and thumbs-up smiling but I`m a bit gutted that he nailed me. After all, on paper he has less bhp and torque.

The GF sarcastically suggested I boot her out as she was unnecessary ballast - a good idea but it was too late as traffic was appearing ahead and it was time to slow down again :lol:

Curse this stupid ECU. :rant:

Time to hand the credit card to Phil again... :surrender:

Can anyone say anything comforting to make me feel happier :(

There aint many standard GT-4's around.

God alone knows what he was running in the bonnet!

You we're probably had by something that was far from stock.

+1 A few choice mods and they can be running very tasty figures.

Can you described the Car?

I used to have a GT4 before the Zed, mine was far from standard I was running around the 380hp mark with a quite basic turbo, only slightly better than stock. a lot of the GT4 boys run GT28 Garrett's which are good for 450hp if they have the engine to support it.

I ran a 13.2 quarter mile with just a down pipe, exhaust and boost set a 1.1bar. I ran mid 12's with my forged engine, cams turbo ect.

Don't under estimate them, they can be very quick. I Embarrassed quite a few porsches in my day. :D

Haha I Know Rob quite well, I will drop him a email saying you had loads stuff in the boot that was weighing you down :D

Once again, the GF :lol:

Oh well, I`ll meet him again when the Y-pipe and plenum spacer go on, next week :)

Who said fat slow and torqueless anyway?

Haha I Know Rob quite well, I will drop him a email saying you had loads stuff in the boot that was weighing you down :D

Oh well, I`ll meet him again when the Y-pipe and plenum spacer go on, next week :)

I think i know who it was :lol:

Baz, hes the old chairman, He's had quite a few GT4's most of them the older 185 which are very heavy and he's not light himself :lol:

:lol:

Well I`m slim with all my hair so I`m happy :)

To restore some order, a mate of mine has a standard one (not sure what it is actually pushing though) and head to head the Zed just generally pulls away. Nothing big, bit gradual and steady. Twisty stuff is interesting though!

Never had one but always liked them. They look cool, go well and handle well. Much more original looking than a Scooby or Evo if you are going for a Jap turbo 4wd motor!

I'd still rather be slow and have rwd though. My preference no matter what it looks like or how much it costs.

Good cars and glad to see some showing the respect it deserves.

Hi GT4oc dudes! :bye: