Another new owner

Hi there, been lurking around for the past couple of months deciding weather to purchase a 350z or not whilst gathering as much info as I can. Well, after saying goodbye to my trusty MX-5 (great, great car), Picked up my Silver 54 on Saturday. Has the Bose which is okay but will probably change the HU, have a PAC ROEM on the way from the states. Also has the Sat Nav which I'm not very keen on, I've always used Tom Toms and the Birdview isn't quite as intuitive (no touch screen!), not sure if I'm going to change this.

The car is fantastic, but so different to the MX-5. The MX-5 was nimble and chuckable, whereas the Z feels more composed and solid on the roads. Also for some reason it doesn't feel as fast as I was expecting, its quite deceptive, you don't feel as though your going fast but look down at the speedo and you notice your in dangerous teritory! All in all I'm really happy with it, I just think its going to take time getting used to it. Anyway, don't have any pics apart from this one with my old MX-5 from when I picked the Z up.

One big plus point is I don't have to put up with hair dresser comments anymore! :D

64273490nc5.jpg

(not sure if the image is showing)

Cheers guys, pic should be working now. For some reason I can't upload to my photobucket account from work. Found a work around though.

sl114, I'm based in St Albans. I noticed your in Herts as well, may be asking you some questions in the future.

Cheers guys, pic should be working now. For some reason I can't upload to my photobucket account from work. Found a work around though.

sl114, I'm based in St Albans. I noticed your in Herts as well, may be asking you some questions in the future.

Cool, thats just up the road from me, im in elstree :thumbs:

By all means ask away, Rickya and myself will be meeting up soon for a spin if you are up for it? Ill try and get the other dude that lives in Borehamwood along.

I dont have the car anymore so will ride along with Ricky but we will probably jsut go for a little drive then get some drinks at the battleaxe in aldenham. :thumbs: Will let you know when :thumbs:

Hi and welcome!

I had a 2.0l Sport MX5 as a courtesy car for a week about a year ago.

Took it up into the Scottish hills, and had an absolute blast flinging it around the B-Roads. Fantastic little cars

Hard work as an everyday car for someone as tall as me though!

The car is fantastic, but so different to the MX-5. The MX-5 was nimble and chuckable, whereas the Z feels more composed and solid on the roads. Also for some reason it doesn't feel as fast as I was expecting, its quite deceptive, you don't feel as though your going fast but look down at the speedo and you notice your in dangerous territory!

Welcome Willo. The 350 is probably another 300kgs or more heavier than the MX-5, 350 is a little porker, but pretty stable at speed, as it sounds like you're finding out. ;) Congratulations on your ticket collector. :lol: