GTOUK President gets a Z!

Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm the president of GTOUK, the Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT owner's club. I've sold my GTO now (had one or the other for 10 years) and picked up my brand new 2008 model 350Z Roadster yesterday! The guys will probably kick me out now, we'll see! :-)

I'm waiting for the weather to clear up then I'll take some decent photo's and get that roof down hopefully! :D I've got a few rough phone shots on my blog while she was at the dealer waiting for her PDI and valet, these will give you an idea what I've bought: http://paulroberts69.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!665BC38F152E1206!1349.entry

Anyway I normally go to JAE but won't be at JapFest this year, so I'll hopefully see you some of you at Meresea Island in August (not sure about the causeway though and all that salt water!).

I do have a question about my car but I'll post it in the ICE section - having run the GTOUK board for so long I know how frustrating it can be when people post in the wrong sections! :-)

Cheers guys,

Paul

Hi and welcome aboard. :thumbs:

Nice looking Zed but how did you manage to get the GT4 wheels (standard everywhere else in the world but not here where they were used only on the GT4 special edition in 2005/6) rather than the lightweight forged Rays? GT4s look nicer but Rays are lighter.

Ah interesting! Well the story was that I saw a black coupe in the dealer in Reading and he told me Nissan had some limited stock in the UK. They were all Ebisu Black, with GT4 wheels, Alezian leather, satnav, basically they threw everything on them. The wheels, leather and satnav were effectively free, so you got a few K's goodies for nothing. But I really wanted a roadster so left it at that.

Then I was talking to my local dealer in Basingstoke about getting a blue roadster. They had a blue 313 coupe in the group that was 1 year old, 5K miles, for 26K. Then I mentioned about the coupe up in Reading I saw and he made some calls and found Nissan UK had 1 roadster in stock, again Ebisu Black with GT4 wheels and all the toys. Total price was just shy of 31K (I added parking sensors and the floor mats).

So as I wanted the 313 engine, and that limited me to cars up to 1 year old, I just thought "bugger it" and put down my deposit last week, picked it up yesterday, none of this hanging around for 6 months while they made it! :)

I've got the last one apparently, no more roadsters in stock now.

:yahoo:

Ah interesting! Well the story was that I saw a black coupe in the dealer in Reading and he told me Nissan had some limited stock in the UK. They were all Ebisu Black, with GT4 wheels, Alezian leather, satnav, basically they threw everything on them. The wheels, leather and satnav were effectively free, so you got a few K's goodies for nothing. But I really wanted a roadster so left it at that.

Then I was talking to my local dealer in Basingstoke about getting a blue roadster. They had a blue 313 coupe in the group that was 1 year old, 5K miles, for 26K. Then I mentioned about the coupe up in Reading I saw and he made some calls and found Nissan UK had 1 roadster in stock, again Ebisu Black with GT4 wheels and all the toys. Total price was just shy of 31K (I added parking sensors and the floor mats).

So as I wanted the 313 engine, and that limited me to cars up to 1 year old, I just thought "bugger it" and put down my deposit last week, picked it up yesterday, none of this hanging around for 6 months while they made it! :)

Sounds like you have got a great car and a good deal. Well done :thumbs:

This goes back to what i said here at the beginning of May ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... dition+zed

:welcome: to the forum Paul

This goes back to what i said here at the beginning of May ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... dition+zed

:welcome: to the forum Paul

Nissan obviously think the GT4 folk have short memories.

Cheers for the welcome everyone, nice friendly board you got here.

Just dont take it to Basingstoke Nissan to get it serviced once its out of warrenty. The amount of mistakes they made changing my mates Passat water pump is astonishing!

Why would anyone take a VW Passat to a Nissan main dealer to get a water pump changed? I'm not surprised they made mistakes - maybe he should take it to a VW shop next time? ;)

Cheers for the welcome everyone, nice friendly board you got here.

Just dont take it to Basingstoke Nissan to get it serviced once its out of warrenty. The amount of mistakes they made changing my mates Passat water pump is astonishing!

Why would anyone take a VW Passat to a Nissan main dealer to get a water pump changed? I'm not surprised they made mistakes - maybe he should take it to a VW shop next time? ;)

+1 :lol:

Hi mate

Well done. Glad you got one in the end. You will not be disappointed, certainly not with a new one!! :thumbs:

Stick around the 'other' site as well though for laughs. As founder member you should be on there free for ever I reckon.

They are a friendly bunch on here even if they do hijack threads right left and centre. LOL.

Your mate

Ming