GTOUK President gets a Z!

Cheers for the welcome everyone, nice friendly board you got here.

Just dont take it to Basingstoke Nissan to get it serviced once its out of warrenty. The amount of mistakes they made changing my mates Passat water pump is astonishing!

Why would anyone take a VW Passat to a Nissan main dealer to get a water pump changed? I'm not surprised they made mistakes - maybe he should take it to a VW shop next time? ;)

Because he used to know the tech lads in there and they were very very good. Recently the chap he knew has move on (to Aston Martin or somewhere similar) and it has really gone down hill. I'm just warning you to be careful of them. I had my disc and pads changed there and noticed when checking my wheels over after having the rear tyres changed that the fronts were lose (maybe half the torque they should have been) and the rears were spot on. I have no doubt that Nissan didnt torque them up right. Then after this happened with my mate and his Passat, I'm staying well away in future. They changed the water pump just fine, but filled the system with the wrong coolant, which they were adament was right. They left the headlights unplugged, which is very dangerous when he was driving home at dusk with his 2 young girls in the back, and they didnt do up the undertray which he found flapping underneath on the way home. You may say take it to VW, but if they agree to take on the work they should do it properly. Its the lack of detail that scares me.

Just a friendly warning to check any work they do.