Carbon mad!!

P15UL T

just thought i would let you guys in on my next mod... for mucho $$ i have bought a roll of carbon fibre material, i am planning to cover my sub box, amp rack, a-pillers, door arm rests etc.... more or less anything i can do ...oh yeah i am going to do my door cards after i have put my speaker pods on B)

anyway here is a little sample

if i have any spare i may be up to do a few jobs for the users ;)

cheers Paul

100_2503.jpg

Nice one mate. Where did you get it? Is it the stuff you can heat to get it to form around stuff?

Have you got any 2x2 carbon elsewhere that you could put next to it as a comparrison?

I want to do the sunglass's / light bit done in carbon. woud look sweet :-) esp with a black headliner...

Yet more top handy work Paul, looks good. Is it backed onto anything?

i have just stuck it over the green materials just now as i am soooo impatiant and wanted to try it out, i will probably do it properly when i am doing the rest, i have just used the same spray on adhesive that was used for the green material.

if i get enough interest and practice on my own stuff i may order another roll for any small jobs that require doing B)

sun visors :blush: not sure how it would take to them because of the type of material they are :wacko:

Is this a carbon fibre trimming fabric rather than the carbon matting one uses in laying up?

Is it real carbon inside the fabric or just an immitation stuff? The pattern looks slightly irregualar normally indicating it is geniune to me

this is genuine carbon not fake stuff, it is twill type and not the 2x2 weave - which i also have on order B)

it is very shiny when the light is on it, i will wait for the 2x2 weave to arrive till i do any more :teeth:

Paul

DOH!

It is a how to that shows you how to wrap carbon fibre around body parts. It details the steps required for covering them in resin, finishing off the resin so that it is nice and smooth and then lacquering it.

Here is a picture of his finished product (shamelessly stole the URL from his post)

DSC04338.jpg