Online Car Care Deals

davey_83

It’s not really like that at all. Turtle Wax treat them as interchangeable, not as separate products in any way, so why would resellers.

If (if!) there are any differences, and Turtle Wax themselves heavily indicate there aren’t, so unless John works there and mixes them himself I’m not sure where he’s getting his information from, it’s more akin to ordering Coke Zero and getting Coke Zero with more bubbles in, really*.

*Yeah, I have no idea what ingredients are in Coke Zero to make a better analogy. :lol:

7 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

I know they are VERY similar but definitely DIFFERENT.

Seal n Shine formulation in UK is even different to Seal n Shine US according to John at Forensic Detailing.

It's kinda like ordering Coke Zero and getting a delivery of Diet Coke, or Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi.

I know it's similar, but it's not what was described 

Yeah I've heard that the US products are ever so slightly different too. Nice analogy on the he soft drinks 👌

See you tomorrow matey 😁

1 hour ago, HEADPHONES said:

I too always thought it's the same stuff just different bottle.

Until I saw the side by side differences in beading from 21:00 on here

I too thought it's was just a renaming of the same product, however could tell straight away from the way the early product would dry up water with a flush mf. 

Never seen this vid before, nice one 

2 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

I too always thought it's the same stuff just different bottle.

Until I saw the side by side differences in beading from 21:00 on here

Lovely comparison vid, do like FD uploads. Fair to say these products are excellent at any price point and John confirms this at the end. Called this years back seeing real R&D money going into products like AG Magma, HD wax and tyre gel along with the TW Hybrid range.

• 1 month later...

If it is, it’s strong stuff then. Also why would you dry your wheels before using fallout remover? You can wash, rinse, apply fallout remover, then go do something else while it works (I like to get a small brush and some APC and do the little bits like badges and grills :) ).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HEADPHONES said:

Is this an ALL IN ONE?

No need to shampoo wheels, rinse, dry and then use a fallout remover and then rinse again?

AND use on the tyres too?

Yep all in one, however for our wheels no need to use every wash - more of a deep clean reset. Car shampoo is good enough for routine maintenance wash.

Tried it and was very impressed. Took the tyre back to bare rubber ready for tyre dressing. Not long after application could see the grime being lifted off the side walls.

IMG_20231025_115217_HDR2.jpg.f9cf53876026a2f53a236ed449671c16.jpg

IMG_20231025_1315382.jpg.2f9b29ea2c68cdb61f371105b1dc400b.jpg

IMG_20231025_1511402.jpg.5aa5aaa21610edc6878a2785aa1d8bf7.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

If it is, it’s strong stuff then. Also why would you dry your wheels before using fallout remover? You can wash, rinse, apply fallout remover, then go do something else while it works (I like to get a small brush and some APC and do the little bits like badges and grills :) ).

It's an incredibly strong alkeli and is quite corrosive (particularly to metals...) as a result.

It makes strong claims about doing literally everything - cleans, degreases, removes iron, removes brake dust AND leaves a "corrosion-resistant, soil-shedding" layer behind. Not that I'm skeptical (I am) but I'd be surprised if it did any one of things particularly well. I feel I should test this... oh, except it doesn't include any Thioglycolic acid (according to TW's own IDD and the SDS) so it's not a fallout remover at all.

In all honesty, looking at the IDD it looks like a fairly standard wheel cleaner/degreaser but doesn't do anything particularly special.

• Like 2