non-OEM fabricated W brace - anyone interested need to order minimum of 10 for best price of £70 - 9 interested so 1 spare, orders in :-)

MicktZZZ

I think the pitch was 1.25 can't remember for sure... I see the usual suspects (Tarmac and Torqen) both have hardware kits available and once I bothered to source the 8 bolts or so separately (one of the 4 each side is bigger?) I'm sure I'm probably only saving a few quid. Maybe we should see if we can get a group buy on hardware? 😄

My car didn't even have a brace fitted when I bought it (all that was left was two squares of rust bolted to the kidney braces) and when I replaced my kidney braces I chucked the old ones, bolts and all. 

1 hour ago, harrison140 said:

I was just going to ask the same thing I was going to order some new  OME bolts but will they need to be a bit longer? 

Quick bit of internetting says six M8 bolts and four M10 bolts. Not sure on length though.

Edit:

The guy in this video is fitting an aftermarket brace and using 30mm bolts

Edited by RavenDW
  • Thanks 1

Hi thanks to those that have paid already, the braces are all wrapped ready to go, I was waiting till the bank holidays all got done before trusting Hermes as it is I will be sending out 2 or 3 a day this week to save giving the Hermes driver a heart attack 🤣, could you send me your email addresses and mobile number for the Hermes tracking cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late feedback.

Fits perfectly under by two 3" exhaust pipes. Well made, Bolts all line up bang on. Very happy, even more so when considering the price.

Only 'negative' is you cannot retain the plastic splash trays where the rear kidneys are.

Thanks again for making these.

PS: will post pics soon

Edited by ballistic

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2022 at 13:34, ballistic said:

Sorry for the late feedback.

Fits perfectly under by two 3" exhaust pipes. Well made, Bolts all line up bang on. Very happy, even more so when considering the price.

Only 'negative' is you cannot retain the plastic splash trays where the rear kidneys are.

Thanks again for making these.

PS: will post pics soon

hi mate great glad it fits ok for you, would be great to see a picture with your exhaust clearance, yes had thought about having holes pre-drilled for the plastic covers but mine were rotten and held on with tie-wraps 😮 so couldn't get an accurate measurement, i was thinking about fitting the brace then drilling holes and using bolts to secure

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to replacing my brace. Thanks again to Mick for getting this made. I've hung onto my plastic covers to maybe refit them later, but one of the old brackets broke off and all the bolts snapped.

I've attached shots of the finished job, There's also a couple photos of the old brace in very sorry state.

PXL_20220531_110030989.jpg

PXL_20220531_110042936.jpg

PXL_20220531_110059782.jpg

PXL_20220531_110141601.jpg

PXL_20220531_110158173.jpg

On 27/05/2022 at 09:52, letsgotopless said:

Any chance another batch of these braces can be made and add on 20%for Mick's time etc ? 

There's no others available other than shitty OEM. 

I am sure plenty would support this. 

Seconded, also looking for a replacement before the OEM one inevitably transforms into crisp bread 

Edited by KUGT4

• 6 months later...