wierd insurance phenomenon

nixy

ha ha! My post was genuine! My mum takes my insurance down however my GF puts it up. Shame as she'd love to drive the Zed around....
Im going to see how it affects insurance soon as we will be getting a joint car, however i may also put my mum or dad on the insurance to lower the price

you could put ebized on :thumbs:

ha ha! My post was genuine! My mum takes my insurance down however my GF puts it up. Shame as she'd love to drive the Zed around....
Im going to see how it affects insurance soon as we will be getting a joint car, however i may also put my mum or dad on the insurance to lower the price

:lol: or Tim or JohnK :lol:

;)

:teeth: agreed, shall we say I can do 5000 miles in your car with you providing the petrol for such exclusivity :p

On the other hand Stew - might have to ditch the young flusey and become a toy-boy :thumbs:

:teeth: agreed, shall we say I can do 5000 miles in your car with you providing the petrol for such exclusivity :p

On the other hand Stew - might have to ditch the young flusey and become a toy-boy :thumbs:

i'm sorry mate, i didnt want to type that but the big lads made me :blush:

Mine is an old git of 46 so that's maybe why- but he has 3 points on his licence and its still over 150 quid cheaper! It was Bell insurance which is part of Admiral.

Admiral group seem to do it. With my gf on who is younger, more points and less NCB mine still comes down. :wacko:

When I insured the zorst induction and plenum and high flow cat, they asked me if it had any effects on the performance. Since the ECU is self learning I said no, they said they will note down the mods but there is no extra for the insurance :thumbs:

Which company is that Jay?

When I insured the zorst induction and plenum and high flow cat, they asked me if it had any effects on the performance. Since the ECU is self learning I said no, they said they will note down the mods but there is no extra for the insurance :thumbs:

Probably a sideline of ESR to keep the business flowing ;)

lol is ESR had insurance id be there first customer :lol:

directline

I had a good quotation on the zed with my Mrs on the insurance as well. I have a sp 30 ticket (who hasn't these days) and I added Sarah who is a member of IAM and we got a good quote for business use as well for around £400 p/a Considering Sarah wrote her car off last year (no other vehicles involved) I don't think that is too bad but it could be better.

directline

Is that cos you mum owns the car and as a named driver you earn your own NCD with Directline? :p:lol:

directline

Is that cos you mum owns the car and as a named driver you earn your own NCD with Directline? :p:lol:

Yep :blush: thats really true in fact :lol:

directline

Yep :blush: thats really true in fact :lol:

I know everything :p:lol:

and another thing - what if you put on your insurance quote that your car is garaged overnight and then one night when you can't be arsed to put it away it gets nicked?

and another thing - what if you put on your insurance quote that your car is garaged overnight and then one night when you can't be arsed to put it away it gets nicked?

They then try and wriggle out of it. Elephant price is the same for me whether I say driveway or garage. All of mine say driveway as I never know what might be left on the drive.

This is not fair - reading all these insurance threads recently - the cheapest I have found so far is Adrian Flux - £781!! Oh come on !! I've got 18 years no claims for goodness sakes and access to another vehicle!

So you guys who have £300- £400 quotes must live in the stix have 10 foot electric fences and a selection of wild beasts roaming your garden to keep the scroats away?? :wacko: ...help :surrender:

This is not fair - reading all these insurance threads recently - the cheapest I have found so far is Adrian Flux - £781!! Oh come on !! I've got 18 years no claims for goodness sakes and access to another vehicle!

So you guys who have £300- £400 quotes must live in the stix have 10 foot electric fences and a selection of wild beasts roaming your garden to keep the scroats away?? :wacko: ...help :surrender:

Its your post code ;)

yep that's exactly it! It's the trade off for living somewhere you can't get gas or a bus and 5 miles from the nearest bar of chocolate if you fancy one!

Yes I know its the only thing I can think of?

Oh well got another 2 weeks before it expires so a bit more time to phone round.

Maybe I just need to move to Scotland or Wales and live next to a Gas/Chocolate/Bus station facility eh Nixy ;)

As long as Costco is nearby I will survive :thumbs:

Talking of car insurance, i got my renewal threw and it was £1900 for both me cars, last year paid £2300 with 3 years no claims, thought yeah great, phoned them up, said how much extra or less, would it be if i removed my dad from the policy, last year was £100 extra and he has 3 points. They then turned round and said it would come down to £1400 for both cars, bargain, and with 4 years no claims, i then paid an extra 3180 to have protected no claims bonus on both cars, so total being £1580, bargain, 4 years no claims, 21 years old, protected no claims, and 2 cars the 350Z and a MG ZR, lovely jubbly :thumbs: , bring on the modz and bring on the summer :thumbs: