Austrian weirdo! How can he call himself a human being?

stanski

As is often said - true life is always stranger than fiction!!

That loon in Austria who kept his daughter underground for 24 years!

How can his wife say she did'nt know anything - how come the neighbours did'nt notice anything odd, how come the local police etc did'nt know any sooner?

This just beggars belief ................

Is it just me or are these kinds of events happening more often- or is that just the news reporting more these days - and these terrible things have always gone on?

The fact that she had his children is just sick. I think 3 of them came 'upstairs' too if the news report was correct.

Line all these weirdos up and shoot them. Get some junkies in there too!

Absolutely despicable!

I hope this doesn't taint the world's view of Austrian people. Having holidayed there loads of times I can honestly say that all the Austrians I have met (and its quite a few) have been the nicest people, and most fun to be around, of any country I've been to.

Weirdo's everywhere unfortunately.

Well it would be nice to have a cart blank policy of shooting these weirdos I have to agree - trouble is some tree hugger somewhere will say - well they wer'nt themselves - they were effected by some event in their life

~Yeah great but what gives them the right to mess up everybody elses life! :angry:

Tie them all to the tops of wind turbines out at sea and let the sea-gules finish them off!! (sorry my Christian attitude slipped there for a minute)

That sort of thing just makes you sick to your stomach. It's so odd that these children were born, but no one seems to have figured out they're missing, unless home born, but still. What of the neighbours??

Put them out of everyone's misery, same goes for other of this ilk or the like. :angry:

That sort of thing just makes you sick to your stomach. It's so odd that these children were born, but no one seems to have figured out they're missing, unless home born, but still. What of the neighbours??

Put them out of everyone's misery, same goes for other of this ilk or the like. :angry:

+1 :rant:

The thing is we don't know what sort of culture this individual has grown up in, and what is seen as acceptable in his local community.

Not trying to make excuses for him (I think it is very wrong and he is a sick fecker), but knee jerk kill the paedophile reactions rarely help. There was a case a few years ago where a small island (I believe it was near Australia) that was under British rule had an outcry because all of the men on the island had been accused of being paedophiles.

On the island it was tradition that all girls were married off when they hit their 14th birthday and they were usually married off to men in their 30's. This had been going on for hundreds of years so nobody on the island had any problems with it and it was seen as completely normal, however some bureaucrats had wandered over found out this was happening and tried to bring the full weight of the law to bear. This was originally reported as a paedophile cult living on an island.

After trying to use the law to lock up all the men who had done this they found out that every man on the island had done it and their wives were not happy at the thought of losing their husbands and I believe they eventually backed down feeling stupid and it never got talked about again.

I agree that this case is very different on the face of it, but nobody yet knows the full truth of the incident, maybe we should reign back a little bit until we do know what has happened, then we can talk about stringing him up by his todger :teeth: .

If you look through history, Greek and Roman families used to 'share' each others children. It has always happened and it is only our 'new' sense of moral right and wrong that has stopped it. You can't beat out hundreds of years of instinct in a hundred years - doesn't make it right but it's the way history has gone.

Entrapment, however, has pretty much always been bad!

I'd have to agree. They had a photo of him on holiday in Thailand in the newspaper today. They were saying he went alone and bought lingerie and child's clothing. How could she not escape or make herself know when he was away in Thailand sunning himself for a couple of weeks alone?

It certainly doesn't all add up at the moment.

I agree, how can 24 years worth of people living a few feet from you happen?? I suppose until pictures and more details come out we won't know if it is remotely plausible....

If you look through history, Greek and Roman families used to 'share' each others children. It has always happened and it is only our 'new' sense of moral right and wrong that has stopped it. You can't beat out hundreds of years of instinct in a hundred years - doesn't make it right but it's the way history has gone.

Also when you look back through aristocracy of most countries going back many, many, many hundreds of years, UK, Europe, as soon as the girls are of teen age, they were married off.

But as you say H5, it's our 'new' or "current" concept of what is moral, or amoral or immoral as the case maybe. Then again in another hundred years or so, they'll probably frown on our current behaviour, when you consider how prudish the control freaks would have us be.

But as you say H5, it's our 'new' or "current" concept of what is moral, or amoral or immoral as the case maybe. Then again in another hundred years or so, they'll probably frown on our current behaviour, when you consider how prudish the control freaks would have us be.

Your all probably right but regardless of what we think is morally correct these days or not - imprisoning someone against their will then using them to create your offspring and keeping them all away from daylight and other people - well for goodness sakes.... then going on holiday and leaving them underground - I cant get my head round this - these are like events you may almost think of from past war crimes!

Those poor kids..........

Your all probably right but regardless of what we think is morally correct these days or not - imprisoning someone against their will then using them to create your offspring and keeping them all away from daylight and other people - well for goodness sakes.... then going on holiday and leaving them underground - I cant get my head round this - these are like events you may almost think of from past war crimes!

Those poor kids..........

Like I said, entrapment has pretty much always been seen as bad. :dry: