Removing Old Wheel Weight Sticky Pad Residue

Loadmaster

I usually use a minimal amount of white spirit, followed by a thorough wash after I've got the stuff off. However, that's been for 'regular' alloys, not diamond cut lacquered ones.

All four of my Rays on my Nismo has this cack, so what's the best and safest thing to use?

Cheers!

20210614_090452_HDR-1.jpg

Edited by Loadmaster

50 minutes ago, alexgv1 said:

I’ve just tried Koch Chemie Eulex on mine, using a partially soaked microfibre and several passes. It’s the best thing I’ve used for removing wheel weights so far. 

Thanks Alex, worth a punt I think.

Just ordered some from Slim's Detailing.

3 hours ago, Stutopia said:

If you can soak it in tar and glue remover, using a makeup pad or similar to force it to sit on the area, that might work.

This.

Rubbing with a microfibre will eventually shift it, but when using glue remover it's best to soak it in the stuff whenever you can. Saturate a cotton (or bamboo if you're bothered about the environment) makeup pad remover/paper towel (basically anything you can use to keep the area wet) and leave it to soak in for a few minutes first - just don't let it dry out! - then dab a bit on a microfibre and start rubbing. If it's not coming off freely go for another soak to make it easier. And remember to rinse thoroughly when done, you don't want glue remover to dry on the surface.

Any glue remover should work (even AG in this instance) but if you've already bought Koch Chemie stuff you're all set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

brake cleaner works well,pre soak the glue residue first it with a soaked cloth or pad then,wipe over or use plastic scraper

or the rubber headed  air tool that sealey make,that soon shifts it.