370 nismo

3 hours ago, Embalm-a said:

What are the other differences? Mk1 only available as an import? Only considered Mk2 as I prefer the look... 

Hi mate the mk1 there were very limited numbers that were sold in the uk,they have different wheels, rear wing, skirts, bumpers are different, the head lights are blacked out on the mk2, the seats in the mk2 are much nicer, i think there are around about 150 of the mk1s in the uk, white ones were the most common and the silver and black are the rare ones, they also made them in red, but they were never released in the UK thats about as much as i know:)

First time I bought a Nismo I waited 4 months for an ex demo to come up. That one was fresh and had tramlining issues.

The second one I bought through Nissan at distance and should really have rejected it due to shoddy bodywork 

I had it in the bodyshop in the first week. I left them a tasty review for all to see and didnt want any help from the dealer (Nissan Bury) . 

They had budget Nexen tires at the front and worn michelins PS at the back. Brakes needed doing after 2500 miles

Id say be patient and wait for a good example to come up. Theres a black one for sale 11k miles at Nissan London West.

Also test drive thoroughly, brake over uneven surfaces make sure car is not tramlining.Its a hard ride so make sure youre okay with that. Check brake pads using a small mirror and torch. Just check the car thoroughly. Clutch can be an issue on these cars too

Current car drives straight no issues...

Either way I cant expect to get more than £20,000. A rare car only 1 or 2 people might buy....

Worth waiting for one you're happy with. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• 3 weeks later...

Like app says great price tbh. Mileage and year good price. Maybe a bit more with a one year warranty thrown in. It would be more of a bargain if brakes and tires are fresh as well and recently serviced

Mines on Autotrader now. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

how? Dealers sell Nismos with that mileage and year for £21,000. Private sale is usually £3000 above We Buy Any Car trade in which would be £17000. Same price as some MK1 Nismos

The mk1 nismo is holding its price over the mk2 by the looks of things, i think the mk 1 is more of an investment 

True, one can be had for £17,000 but not stock. They will probably bottom out at 14-16k They come up now and again. Its the HR 350 thats not going down much. 

I prefer the design of the mark 2 more modern and will age better. Mark 1 is too Tokyo Drift.

Regarding price had a look again. Owners may be asking a lot but itll be hard to find any Nismo cheap unless CAT N or CAT S or high mileage. I reckon Mark 1 owners are pricing around 16-19k

If an owner is selling a mk2 at an extra grand over the mark 1 now. Its not unreasonable. In 5 to 10 years maybe it will be justified to sell a mark 1 at a higher price than a mark 2 due to rarity

Average Nismo gets 100 views per day on Autotrader and 200 views per day on Ebay. Mostly people just browsing. But whos buying lol

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Because Summer. Best time to sell. @Embalm-a was looking to buy all about preference I guess. Mark 2 was always my choice. If I had to buy again Id probably still get the Mark 2 in Black unless youre planning to keep it for a very long time like 5 to 10 years. Get a mk1 for 17k. A stock one.