Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nissanman312

Would you risk buying a derv in 2019

Recommended Posts

So we are looking for a new daily for my other half 

She realy likes the civic 9th gen 2012 onwards and that's all her budget stretches to 

 

We took a test drive in the 1.8 petrol and lovely as it was it was fairly flat 

 

We then drove the 1.6 diesel which had a little punch to it she preferred the derv 

 

The 1.6 diesel is £0 road tax but I'm not sure if i want to risk going derv in this day and age.

 

She dosnt do big miles around 30/40  a day in fact at the moment so the miles dont realy warrant derv but she wanted somthing that will pull the skin off a rice pudding and the petrol just dosnt 

 

Any thoughts on the diesel in 2019 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016 Mazda 2.2 diesel, £0 tax, loads of poke, clean car, by the time the diesel twats catch up with you, you’ll be in an EV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, if you're going to buy something as tedious as a Civic, why not buy it with the wrong engine too.

 

:stir:

 

 

 

 

(I have nothing useful to add to this thread)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

Meh, if you're going to buy something as tedious as a Civic, why not buy it with the wrong engine too.

 

:stir:

 

 

 

 

(I have nothing useful to add to this thread)

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 9th gen civic with the 2.2 diesel engine. Its a great car very economical I get roughly 60mpg. Its a 2012 model which is the only year it had the 2.2 iirc. But I do sometimes around 250-300 miles a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Civics are popular. 7 years and only issue i had was with the EP2 brake caliper ceasing on 170,000 miler. The FN shape was mainly the harsh ride. I didnt like the styling on the FK. I actually wanted the 2.2 diesel. Never got round to getting a Type R. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Civics are popular. 7 years and only issue i had was with the EP2 brake caliper ceasing on 170,000 miler. The FN shape was mainly the harsh ride. I didnt like the styling on the FK. I actually wanted the 2.2 diesel. Never got round to getting a Type R. 

Yeah I have had a lot of hondas and had zero hassle with them 

I think we will get her the 1.6 derv and see how it pans out :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the wife`s 1.7 diesel Mokka. Plenty of punch and very cheap to run but if we ever change it I don`t think we would consider another diesel. Now that they`ve decided they`re bad I expect they will start penalizing us for having them. I heard on the radio the other day that one city (might have been Bristol but I can`t remember) is thinking of banning them from the city centre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wayne370Z said:

I do like the wife`s 1.7 diesel Mokka. Plenty of punch and very cheap to run but if we ever change it I don`t think we would consider another diesel. Now that they`ve decided they`re bad I expect they will start penalizing us for having them. I heard on the radio the other day that one city (might have been Bristol but I can`t remember) is thinking of banning them from the city centre. 

Birmingham is definitely doing somthing next year 

 

I think it's some sort of city tax going on the tax band of the car 

So I would imagine driving the z into Birmingham would be an issue aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Birmingham is definitely doing somthing next year 

 

I think it's some sort of city tax going on the tax band of the car 

So I would imagine driving the z into Birmingham would be an issue aswell

I think Glasgow is doing something similar in 2021,banning Diesel cars older than 15 plate from city centre,however I have a son who works in car sales and says they are still selling loads of second hand diesels !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

×
×
  • Create New...