The worst £100 a month I've ever saved!

nixy

I have foolishly started car sharing! A friend of mine a couple of doors down has a temporary job working up the road from me and asked if I wanted to car share. Now my journey to work is my main time driving the Z and it's my little bubble where I play my music and get time to myself etc etc so I was cautious but as she's only working there temporarily I said yes - I am saving about £100 a month.

I CAN'T STAND IT ANY MORE!!!!

Her driving is terrible - she took 11 attempts to pass her test. we have nearly killed various cyclists, motorbike riders etc etc. I am a nervous wreck and have taken to just looking at the floor when she's driving! And I miss the solitude of my own car. Would you do it or not?

I car share at the moment, but I agree it does ruin the drive to work. You can't properly listen to your on music, dance or sing. . .unless you've got no shame :blush:

Don't like the sound of your car share mate. At least you'll be in for some $$ 'whip cash' $$ when the inevitable happens :lol:

mmmmm no.

I would if the person was good company and a decent driver. I used to car share going to uni. It was a laugh as it was my mates, great fun. All our driving was as bad as each others so it was fine! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Used to car share from Cumbria to London leaving at 4 am. Picked a friend up in Keighley and used his car one trip and mine the next. Then I bought the zed and wasnt happy leaving it parked on the street there for two weeks.

So I started doing all the driving and he offered me £20 return :D

Decided I was getting too old for 4am driving so started travelling the day before and staying in a travelodge.

Dont you have to drop your son off some mornings ;)

Car sharing is OK when its someone you know very well. By total co-incidence I started working at the same place as one of my best mates a few years ago and we had no problem car sharing. I wouldn't want to do it with someone I didn't know well.

Working from home is the way forward... The biggest problem I have now is kicking someone out of bed rather than my car :lol:

I used to work at the same place as my dad, so no problem car sharing there.

i have no problem car sharing as long as im the one doing the driving.

of course there may be a chance that the person your car sharing with is a complete hottie, but .... well that never happens.

of course there may be a chance that the person your car sharing with is a complete hottie, but .... well that never happens.

When you are awake anyway.

I will refrain from typing any of the MANY inappropriate comments floating about my head(s) :blush: right now.

Guest prescience

I also did this but years ago and although it was a bit of a money saver, the downsides outweighed the up. The worst for me was that you were always constrained to arrive and leave at the same time as the other person, so if you needed to stay late at work or more likely nip off early for a few beers :teeth: , you couldn't :thumbdown:

I also did this but years ago and although it was a bit of a money saver, the downsides outweighed the up. The worst for me was that you were always constrained to arrive and leave at the same time as the other person, so if you needed to stay late at work or more likely nip off early for a few beers :teeth: , you couldn't :thumbdown:

Thats why it'd never work for me. I arrive early and leave early, so wouldnt work with others in my office. Plus I like to drive the Zed how I like and listen to what I want. We dont have 3.5l engined cars to save the planet or our wallets, so get out and use em and have fun :thumbs:

I thought about it, but it would interfere too much with after work where I sometimes need to go to shops, parents etc... get a bicycle Nixy :teeth:

What was the name of that Queen song .... ;):lol: Just Kiddin

whats that then, 'another one rides the bus' ??

oh no thats Weird Al :D

I have came up with a better solution! I am about 30 mins away from my uni and my mate lives like 5 mins away from me. So he pays me to take him into uni, where i am already going anyway. So its a win win situation, cause hes paying for some of the petrol and he gets to ride in a nice car lol :teeth:

I'd only consider car sharing if it was in my car and they absolutely do not EVER touch my stereo dials or buttons :scare::rant::nono:

That was my conditions aswell sarnie ohh and no eating or drinking in the car! However water is allowed :lol:

Nixy - a few get out of it options:

1. Buy some heavy duty super strong perfume like Poison or Coco - deadly in confined car space!! :yuck:

2. Put red lipstick dots on your face, get in and start to scratch yourself every now and again - that should do the trick

3. As a lady I know you would'nt - but release unexploded gasses on a regular basis

4. Ask to listen to Radio 1 on a regular basis - alternatively say you want to listen to the shipping forcast

6. Buy a broadsheet and stretch it out across the screen as much as you can (i.e pretend you are on the tube!)

7. Use your mobile constantly - even though there is no one on the other end

8. Play an annoying game on your mobile - sound should be as loud as possible

How long is your trip to work??

Hopefully these should work but as a last ditch attempt (I am assuming driver is female) give her a kiss one morning and tell her she looks really sexy! :lol::lol: Nuff said!

Let us know how you get on.......

:thumbs:

Stan