Umster

Fitting brake lines

I'm happy and handy enough with tools to do things on my car however brake lines is a step too far. 

Is there anywhere in the Midlands that forum members can recommend who'd be happy to fit my braided brake lines and replace the brake fluid? 

Places that I'd be happy to take my Z for a service are charging a little more than I'm happy with (circa £300 even though the underside has little rust/no rust near the brakes) and my cheap as chips garage isn't the best place to leave my Z. 

Unfortunately the guys at Cougarstore can't do it atm (one of the guys is off sick) and Tarmac won't give me a figure till I've driven the car to them (won't entertain a quote till then). 

Times like this I wish went for an M2 or VW Golf - no end in sight for mechanics willing to work on them (not that they need much work doing to prep for track) 

Horsham Developments? According to their website they charge £240 for braided lines fitting & fluid bleed. 

It is a straight forward job, however periodically you can run into issues like seized bleed screws etc.

I doubt if you will get a firm price, but the garage will be able to at least give you an indication of cost.

What I find helpful is when a garage can quote for the repair, providing all goes well - then naturally go from there.

Edited by davey_83

Like mentioned above, not after a concrete price, just wanna know I can drop it off and pick it up the same day and how long you expect to work on it. 

Edited by Umster