steering wheels shaking while braking

Akumanozetto

When i bought my 370z a few months ago. i noticed that whenever i press the brake (especially when doing 50 mph above) the steering shakes a lot. A few days later, I went back to the dealer and had the rotor changed. Yet, since last week, the problem was back again. I have had the rotors, pads and calipers checked but none of them seems causing the problem. has anyone had this problem before?:shrug:

23 minutes ago, Akumanozetto said:

When i bought my 370z a few months ago. i noticed that whenever i press the brake (especially when doing 50 mph above) the steering shakes a lot. A few days later, I went back to the dealer and had the rotor changed. Yet, since last week, the problem was back again. I have had the rotors, pads and calipers checked but none of them seems causing the problem. has anyone had this problem before?:shrug:

Did they put new pads on with the new rotors?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I hope this thread is still live. I have a similar issue with vibration through steering when braking from 50mph and over.

I had front discs and pads changed last year, after which the problem seemed to start.

I’ve read on here that if the new rotors are not aligned perfectly it can cause a vibration. The garage I used may not have been up to the job - it’s a possibility.

What do the wise say?

12 hours ago, z350convert said:

I hope this thread is still live. I have a similar issue with vibration through steering when braking from 50mph and over.

I had front discs and pads changed last year, after which the problem seemed to start.

I’ve read on here that if the new rotors are not aligned perfectly it can cause a vibration. The garage I used may not have been up to the job - it’s a possibility.

What do the wise say?

Were these bedded in correctly? 

If not, that could be your issue: https://torqen.uk/docs/TORQEN-brake-bedding.pdf