Z WRITE OFF :(

Sam370

Gutting news I've hit a diesel patch from a roundabout. Knocked the kerb spun to otherside of the road mounted the grass and ended up wrapped round a tree. Save to say it's a write off and going with a total loss with my Insurrance. Has anyone gone though claims with admiral? As this is my first accident and wondered how easy they have been to work with though out the process and try get out of a settlement ect. Just my luck atmo and minds going 100mph thinking about it. I spoke to them before about my wrap. Wernt a mod though so nothing changed. What's classed as mods. drilled / grooved brakes. Change of spolier ect. Just curious as I can't see a problem with getting a settlement. But anyone had any reasons why they wouldn't? 

Edited by Sam370
New subject

Anything non standard is classed as a mod, so yes, spoiler would definitely be, non standard brakes could be - depends on the company. Any non standard item could be deemed a mod, hence why always best to check before doing each one. Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are ok.

If you have anything on there that wasn’t on there when the car left the factory, it’s a mod. If you didn’t declare it, then there’s the very real risk the insurance company could void your insurance. Admiral are particularly hot on this, too. 

That said, if you didn’t hit a person or property then they’re unlikely to look into it too much so I wouldn’t worry about it right now. However, this is why I say to always declare everything, because the last thing you want to be worrying about after a crash is whether you’re actually insured or not! 

I’m puzzled about the wrap though, that’s definitely something they want to know about so I’m very surprised that they didn’t care when you told them. Very odd indeed.  

Quite a few insurance agencies refused to insure my celica because of the wrap on the roof. Do you have evidence that admiral said it's not a mod as usually it pops up as a mod on most sites/insurers when insuring?

Edited by coldel

When I wrote my celica off, they asked about the front splitter and skirts despite them being oe from factory. I'd declared them anyway, but talking to the insurers I got the impression that non declaration would mean they would pay or for a factory spec car. As it was I got cover for the car as well as the mods. It was flood/ water damage for me. 

As it's Admiral, they simply won't pay out for any mods at all unless you purchased their additional modifications cover; Which will pay out a maximum of £500 for declared mods only.

The risk is that if mods are not declared they may not pay out at all, the more perceived influence the undeared mod has on the cause of the accident the less likely they are to pay out.

14 hours ago, coldel said:

Quite a few insurance agencies refused to insure my celica because of the wrap on the roof. Do you have evidence that admiral said it's not a mod as usually it pops up as a mod on most sites/insurers when insuring?

I have the same issue with my roof wrap. They were more bothered about that than the exhaust mods, hfc’s, spoiler or splitters.

Cheers for the reply on this lads still stressing abit over it. I rang admiral few months in after it's Insurranced as decided to wrap it. Had a red 370z and had been touched up slightly fading already so decided to wrap it. Rung them before hand to ask as it's changing the colour and they said as it's not a permanent change it's ok as they didn't ask for the colour of my car when I first insurred it so not sure what will happen. Only evidence there is for the conversation is the call log which they record so should be enough for that to be sorted. Soon find out I hope.  No one else was involved.injured. just got a tree to damaged that slightly.... 

2 hours ago, Sam370 said:

Also I'm claiming on a total loss basis so it shouldn't need inspecting to much should it.. no real checks or evaluation on repairs ext surely?? 

That’ll depend on what they deem to be the cause of the accident. If they suspect mechanical fault is to blame they’ll investigate until they’re satisfied it wasn’t a result of someone’s work on the car.

As it’s a total loss I suspect there’s more incentive for them to investigate given it’s a larger payout, but I don’t know for sure.

On 01/01/2019 at 12:12, W8BGS said:

I have the same issue with my roof wrap. They were more bothered about that than the exhaust mods, hfc’s, spoiler or splitters.

I think when I had my total loss the police report stated bad weather/road conditions etc 

The car was 100% totalled and they didn't look into to much as they were paying out for storage etc I think they just wanted it settled 

Don't get kicked in the knackers when they call you to discuss the settlement.

Glass' , CAP and Parkers are what you need to take a look at. All of these are industry standard guides. Auto Trader is not, which is what they may look at.

Make sure you are looking at the retail / retail transacted figures, not mid book.

In terms of fair settlement offers some insurers are better than others, but the FOS is there to help you if you find they are being unreasonable with their offer.

All the best.