Evo X

Teatowel

Just had a test drive in one. Absolutely stunning. I am gobsmacked as to how good it is. Essentially the same drive as the Evo XIII and IX, with Germanic interior and build quality.

All for £32k, with a sublime paddle shift and uprated ICE. I think it will be a terrific second hand bargain at 9 months/9k miles at £24-25k :teeth:

Just had a test drive in one. Absolutely stunning. I am gobsmacked as to how good it is. Essentially the same drive as the Evo XIII and IX, with Germanic interior and build quality.

All for £32k, with a sublime paddle shift and uprated ICE. I think it will be a terrific second hand bargain at 9 months/9k miles at £24-25k :teeth:

So why aren't you buying one now your zed has been sold? ;)

isn't the servicing expensive and every 4.5k ?

awesome car - technically anyway - looks is another matter :blush:

Looks better than any of the other versions aesthetically. Looks less chavvy imo :blush:

agreed it looks less "ram raided halfords" than previous models but hardly a size 10 :thumbs:

awesome car - technically anyway - looks is another matter :blush:

Looks better than any of the other versions aesthetically. Looks less chavvy imo :blush:

agreed it looks less "ram raided halfords" than previous models but hardly a size 10 :thumbs:

I do like it but know within 2 years there will be dozens of them within a square 5 miles of me. i like exclusivity. B)

Not anymore: Is up to a far more sensible 9K IIRC.

I like the idea of owning a Jap turbo nutter barge of some description one day, but it'll be when I simply have to have 4 doors and 4 seats. Until then, I'm sticking firmly with 2.

It'll be interesting to see how well the paddle shift holds up over a few years, and whether it starts to eat clutches or has a few electronic foibles that could prove expensive to fix.

I do like it but know within 2 years there will be dozens of them within a square 5 miles of me. i like exclusivity. B)

Very true :( Unfortunately this will happen, the new Lancer will only be exclusive & eye catching while very new. IMO as with all such cars after a few years the only ones that still are the business are the special edition FQ models which wont be out for a bit yet. I would rather hold out near the middle or end of the EvoX lifecycle as countless versions will keep comming out. The best things come to those who wait, especially when it comes to these type of rally specials.

does look nice and every 9k miles servicing sounds much better than the 4.5k service :scare: is it still like £500 a service?

Basically, the reason why the servicing was every 4.5k was because the diff needed an oil change which was expensive. as this was putting buyers off theyve now changed it to every 9k. However through the grape vine, i have heard from some mitsubishi mechanics that things haven't changed much and in all honestly they would still service it every 4.5k.

But if you think about it, its a high performance car and at the end of the day if i had one, id be servicing it every 4.5k anyway, as would i imagine most owners of high performance cars, at least a fluid change...

does look nice and every 9k miles servicing sounds much better than the 4.5k service :scare: is it still like £500 a service?

But if you think about it, its a high performance car and at the end of the day if i had one, id be servicing it every 4.5k anyway, as would i imagine most owners of high performance cars, at least a fluid change...

The gallardo only needed servicing every 7.5k :)

Guest prescience

Yes, but we're talking high performance here ;)

:lol::lol:

Although I’ll freely admit the Evo is a performance car, in my mind I’ve always classed the Subaru and Evo as mad road going rally cars in a league (battle) of their own which may or may not be over now that Subaru have moved to a hatch.

pmsl :lol::lol:

The X has a 10k or 1 year service interval, and for £400, you can buy the 1000 mile run in service plus the first 3 normal services.

No more 4.5k interval. Awesome :)

And why am I not buying one? Cos I am fixing up my E36 M3 as a 'ring toy :teeth: