Ride Comfort

SiriusProjects

Well I've managed to reduce the rattling and vibration coming from the boot and that has made things better already.

Weirdly it was the car seat of all things. I'd tilted the car seat back and this made the top of the seat come into contact with the roof. As a result, any movement was channeling vibrations up through the seat, into the roof and then transferring it through the plastics in the back of the car (that's my theory anyway). After a bit of adjustment, the car seat is no longer in contact with the roof and this has made a huge difference.

• 4 years later...

Interesting trip to Nissan Oxford today to service my 2019 370 Nismo which I’ve had 8 months. Before I say anything else they did a good job and the car is currently under a Nissan warranty.

Guess what - they found the shipping  suspension spacers on all 4 corners and duly removed them.

The car was originally sold and serviced 3 times at a Nismo dealer. I then bought it from a Nismo dealer on the south coast last August. How does that happen - questions the thoroughness of the servicing and pre sales inspections 🤔.

I always thought the ride was a bit crashy but put it down to it being a Nismo. 

Funnily enough the journey home was much more comfortable. Far more compliant now…

Edited by Rhysos
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Rhysos said:

Interesting trip to Nissan Oxford today to service my 2019 370 Nismo which I’ve had 8 months. Before I say anything else they did a good job and the car is currently under a Nissan warranty.

Guess what - they found the shipping  suspension spacers on all 4 corners and duly removed them.

The car was originally sold and serviced 3 times at a Nismo dealer. I then bought it from a Nismo dealer on the south coast last August. How does that happen - questions the thoroughness of the servicing and pre sales inspections 🤔.

I always thought the ride was a bit crashy but put it down to it being a Nismo. 

Funnily enough the journey home was much more comfortable. Far more compliant now…

There’s a simple answer. Main dealers know very little about cars, they are just scripted to sell them. Straight forward out the box sales people. You know far more about the car than they do normally. Glad you got the car sorted as it should have been for the first owner..

• Like 1

@Rhysos 

That is truly shocking.

More shocking that this has been such a common recurring theme reported by many other Nismo owners.

All those years with an underperforming suspension set-up.

What a waste.

Glad you've got it finally sorted.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kieran O'Quick said:

I wonder if the first owner traded it in because he had a miserable time owning it? Is it possible to let him know? 

More than likely. We've often seen new owners on our stands at shows with 370Z Nismo's and asked them if they still have them in, especially if they look a little tall so to speak... 😆

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys, sorry to ressurect an old post, but im thinking of buying a Nismo. Reports of hard suspension make me hesistant but this spacers thing is interesting. I am guessing it makes a huge difference? Could most of the press cars have had them?

It’s possible. All I can say is the ride is much better now. I’m not for a minute going to say it’s a soft ride as it’s still fundamentally a sports car, but the behaviour of the suspension is now what I would expect it to be. Ride comfort is quite a subjective topic in my experience.

If you test drive a Nismo, get the dealer to check they have been removed first as they are pretty obvious black blocks on the coils that shouldn’t be there. An experienced mechanic should be able to spot them if they know what to look for.