Where should I advertise my Zed?

yarters

Hey folks, just wondered what people's thoughts are on advertising for the sale of my much loved 350z?

I can't advertise on here as I've not contributed any content - every question I've had I was able to find an answer through the search function! I hope asking this is not breaking any rules.

I was thinking Autotrader but I've not had much luck in the past here, and there do not seem to be many private sales on there any more. There is ebay, which I am considering as maybe a better route, and I will put it on the Civinfo forum too as I was active on there when I had a civic previously. Is pistonheads worth a go?

Any thoughts welcome! Cheers

Ben

Autotrader I find is more for the dealers but you will get good exposure.

If i'm looking for a car privately I like Gumtree (just don't ever put your phone number on, just use email until someone has contacted you otherwise you will have spam overload). Gumtree also let you advertise one car at a time for free.

Personally i'd avoid facebook, i'm sure 99% of the people buying on there expect everything to be free and if it is free they still want you to deliver it!

19 minutes ago, Blocko said:

Personally i'd avoid facebook, i'm sure 99% of the people buying on there expect everything to be free and if it is free they still want you to deliver it!

Sold my BMW on Facebook before buying my Zed last month - got £100 less than the advertised price, but got a lot of people wasting my time asking if a 320i is a diesel.

That said, I wouldn't expect a Zed to sell well on Facebook due to it's higher value. My BMW sold for £2,500 which is about the top-end of what people on FB would pay I reckon.  

3 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

Sold my BMW on Facebook before buying my Zed last month - got £100 less than the advertised price, but got a lot of people wasting my time asking if a 320i is a diesel.

That said, I wouldn't expect a Zed to sell well on Facebook due to it's higher value. My BMW sold for £2,500 which is about the top-end of what people on FB would pay I reckon.  

Was that 320i you sold a diesel then?

;):lol:

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone! I always seem to meet the maddest pepper on gumtree! I think part of me is putting it off as I don't want to see it go!

I've drafted the advert so I'll get on with it this weekend. Just got to remove the private plate first. Cheers :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 04:18, GranTurismoEra said:

what you getting next? might be worth trading up save the hassle. Z are slow sellers

sorry didn't see this message, Unfortunately I'm trading down for a while. Probably a 14 plate Corsa 1.4 or similar

Evans Halshaw gave me a trade in valuation. I came back 8 days later (one day too late) and the valuation had dropped £1.4k!! I expect that was to do with hitting their targets before and after the 68 plate cars were launched.

I tried ebay for 10 days (long shot I know), got a load of watchers but no viewers/bids. So it's now on Autotrader for the next 6 weeks.  I'm not in a rush to sell it, and am confident if someone wants a zed and sees mine it will go.

yeah considering the Rio. It will ultimately be my wife's when her fiesta finally dies (53plate) and she likes the corsa. I think the civic is a bit big for what she wants, although i had a TypeR previously which I loved. Then I'll see what I want at the time. I may pick up a commuter bike in the spring too. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/10/2018 at 14:19, GranTurismoEra said:

I might get an electric bike soon 1000w...pricey though

Ended up trading in. End of month I got £1200 more than i got got offered at the start of the month. Cashback against a corsa and now I've got time to see what I want next.  

I don't know anything about electric bikes but I did see you can get them now. Id be worried they are too quiet and no one sees you or hears you!