coilovers collapsed

Bullet

I've spent the last 2 days fitting hsd coilovers to my zed. I got it all fitted and took it for a test drive, I decided to take it down a road with speed bumps to make sure it still cleared them........after 2 speed bumps the car hit the floor.

When i got home i found this

IMG_20180602_123025.jpg

I've never had this in 20 years of using coilovers.

Edited by Bullet

Holy @*!#!
Im literally at the point of deciding what coilovers to go, and HSD were two of my options.. Guess this has crossed HSD off the lsit!

Hope it hasn't caused too much damage, id be on the phone looking for biggg compo!

Holy molly.........looks like that's a major quality issue!! Potentially metal they used are not to specification. Lucky you are testing them on speed bumps not motorway as i suspect heavy breaking will have enough force to bend them!!

Edited by veeg33

• 1 month later...

I’ve ran a lot of HSD and never had or seen any kind of problem like that.

Pretty bad though!

Anyone looking for coilovers I have 7twentys on my car and they are without doubt the best coilovers I’ve had on any car (and I have hundreds!)

https://www.7twenty.co.uk/collections/7twenty-coilovers/products/7twenty-coilover-nissan-350z-infiniti-g35?variant=5374207811

5 hours ago, Initial_j said:

I’ve ran a lot of HSD and never had or seen any kind of problem like that.

Pretty bad though!

Anyone looking for coilovers I have 7twentys on my car and they are without doubt the best coilovers I’ve had on any car (and I have hundreds!)

https://www.7twenty.co.uk/collections/7twenty-coilovers/products/7twenty-coilover-nissan-350z-infiniti-g35?variant=5374207811

I think the main problem with most coilovers for 350s are how low the rear's go, lots of the BC/7Twenty go low enough to be 'decent', but lots wish they had another few inches in them (is the reason i went BC Extreme Low over the 7Twenty/BC's)

I’m not sure who told you 7twentys don’t go low. Maybe they never tried them.

Here is a picture when they first got fitted. And they would go lower if you wanted 

However car would be absolutely undriveable so pretty pointless 

8EC7AFC2-D979-4257-951B-0E3BB5190A68.jpeg

Driftworks have been amasing. The trouble was that i'm also running air cups, so with the cup and the slack needed for it plus the bump stock there was no travel left.

I had a few coversations with driftworks and we talked through alternative dampers, After taking some measurements i ended up with some e36 rear dampers which work perfectly.