350z aftermarket seats

Lurch

Hi guys I'm sure this question will have been asked a million times but i am looking at getting some bucket seats and want to try and understand how high they will sit on sliders. 

Im 6'4 ish and sit as far back as possible in the standard seats. will I be able to fit with fixed back bucket seats on buddy club rails ? or am i going to have to go for the fixed mount ones ?

im not sure which seat yet but i have tried a buddy club seat and it wasn't very comfy.

Take a visit to GSM Performance and try as many seats as possible, even if it’s a bit of a trek it’s going to be worth it long term. Try not to get fixated on a particular brand or seat beforehand though, an open mind will massively help you here. 

Being that tall tall is likely going to need some very low rails, or even a custom fab job. Not difficult to do, if you fancy a go yourself. 

• Like 1

As Dan said it’s well with going to GSM as they have on hell of a showroom with a lot of different seats for you to try. Being as tall as you are a bucket seat on rails might be be too high especially when wearing a helmet. Try and find a member close to with some fitted would be a good shout.

i went for Cobra Misano recliners and had to bolt directly to the floor and I’m 6”2”.

B84CBA74-7C58-4943-8A4C-E8D4CB5C8ED8.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy james said:

As Dan said it’s well with going to GSM as they have on hell of a showroom with a lot of different seats for you to try. Being as tall as you are a bucket seat on rails might be be too high especially when wearing a helmet. Try and find a member close to with some fitted would be a good shout.

i went for Cobra Misano recliners and had to bolt directly to the floor and I’m 6”2”.

WOW...they are beautiful

• Like 1

They look Stunning!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Take a visit to GSM Performance and try as many seats as possible, even if it’s a bit of a trek it’s going to be worth it long term. Try not to get fixated on a particular brand or seat beforehand though, an open mind will massively help you here. 

Being that tall tall is likely going to need some very low rails, or even a custom fab job. Not difficult to do, if you fancy a go yourself. 

the problem there is I live in Scotland it would be a 5-hour drive each way to go to GSM. I understand that it's worth sitting in them but 10 hours is a bit much.......

In the sense of seats im quite a slip chap but I think I will have to go based on what i can gather from the internet.

will these do the trick for mounting the seats low enough https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Right-RHS-Lower-Position-Seat-Rail-Recaro-Sparco-Bride-Fit-Nissan-350Z-Z33/332400843391?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D846775eb847c4911b4cacad1dbd12b7d%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D332400843391&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A339d1a97-efc1-11e7-9090-74dbd1806e4b%7Cparentrq%3Ab7119d4a1600a61b03dbb06dffecd4ea%7Ciid%3A1

ill then use side mounts on the lowest setting ?

with the custom fab job would i need to be able to weld ???? i don't mind drilling holes and cutting but i don't have a welder

Edited by Lurch
add content

Dang!! that's a good looking seat!

• Like 1

You're going to be spending an average of 10 hours a week in the car, so that’s 500+ hours per year: Trust me, you really want to make sure they’re comfy before you buy!

DT in Wrexham might be a bit closer, find a hotel and enjoy the Welsh roads over a weekend? I definitely wouldn’t buy before trying, too much of a risk if it’s not comfy or just as bad, not grippy. 

• 3 weeks later...