Hmm decision time

Zedrush

Okay, after deciding Im keeping my Z and now have a crappy runaround car, I said to myself, hmm I wouldnt mind getting another car too for extreme speed. One car that has always stood out for me was the TVR Sagaris:

01PREFIX1186045862.jpg

I love everything about it and might be within my grasp hopefully by end of year or next, and still keep me Z and the crappy punto car

Now problem, I know of the TVR history and reliability isnt its strongest but is this car being its latest follow the same suit, what kind of problems could be expected during ownership? :blush:

Stunning car to look at and to drive but there it ends.

Be prepared for constant niggles with bits comming unglued.

Engine still not fully sorted with major issues around 30k miles (rebuild £8k)

They don't like sitting around either wth problems with seals on slave cylinders if they do.

After Nissan reliability it will drive you mad.

Not a car you turn the key and go, engine needs to be warmed and oil temp up before leaving each day, no cold start either.

I called up local TVR, they said probably get a 55 plate one said hat most problems should be ironed out by now and that the service is every 6000 miles. Said there may be a few probs if left standing to long, something about rubber leaking :wacko::dry:

Stunning car to look at and to drive but there it ends.

Be prepared for constant niggles with bits comming unglued.

Engine still not fully sorted with major issues around 30k miles (rebuild £8k)

They don't like sitting around either wth problems with seals on slave cylinders if they do.

After Nissan reliability it will drive you mad.

Not a car you turn the key and go, engine needs to be warmed and oil temp up before leaving each day, no cold start either.

cheers Phil, just confirmed my reasons why I chose the Z over the T350, the Gtr was the other option but holding out to see what the response is on it first, and wait for a second hand one :blush: Perhaps I could by the TVR shell and stick it over the 350z body... hmm :teeth::lol:

Perhaps I could by the TVR shell and stick it over the 350z body... hmm :teeth::lol:

Love to see a tutorial on that one! :thumbs::lol:

Tools required..............angle grinder, double sided sticky tape.

Go for it :thumbs:

Arnt they the only tools in their factory anyway?

Oh plus blue tack :thumbs:

Perhaps I could by the TVR shell and stick it over the 350z body... hmm :teeth::lol:

you do realise if I ever did that there would be a knock outside your door with the tvr shell and my car lol, saying here ya go phil work your magic lol :lol:

After a year of T350 ownership I would say two things:

1) Yep, they can be as problematic as the rumours suggest, but...

2) If you go into ownership with your eyes wide open, and are prepared for the occasional trip back to the dealers, you can forgive them their faults, again and again, the second you sit in it!

In the time I had mine, I had senders replaced (oil temp, water temp, speedo) ... very common problem and a quick / cheap fix. Head gasket went (about a week after I bought it), luckily this was covered under warranty, and then finally the half-time bearing went causing near fatal engine damage - luckily it was diagnosed in time to prevent complete engine faiure, which was imminent! There were a couple of other things too with window electrics etc. :headhurt:

As stated above, these cars actually like to be driven and it's the regularly used cars that seem to be most reliable. Unfortunately mine only came out of the garage every other weekend, and seemed to mysteriously develop faults in the meantime.

Would I return to TVR ownership? Almost definitely yes - I too have a hankering for a Sagaris, and my experience to date has only heightened that.

you do realise if I ever did that there would be a knock outside your door with the tvr shell and my car lol, saying here ya go phil work your magic lol :lol:

Nah!..............you'd never turn up ;):lol:

cheeky sod :lol::p

cheeky sod :lol::p

Cheeky but true :teeth: