EML on_ Codes P1146&7 , P1166&7 found.

ricochet

Passed MOT with these codes showing.

which I have found out are  O2 sensors.

Should I just go ahead and  replace the sensors or are their other things I should look at?

If I replace the sensors....

Should I use genuine Nissan or are other brands / suppliers that can be recommended?   ( costs of parts ?  )

And what are any likely problems?

PS.   remapping has occurred previous to my buying the Z, and it has a throttle controller thingy ( which is usually in Eco,)

Thanks in advance for all help.  

I've had my zed 12 years now and have had the EML come on about 4 times due to getting 02 sensor fault.

I think it was always P1146.

Anyway....... I've always cleared the code with the pedal dance initially but the last time using my cheapo code reader.

No doubt it will arise again in a few years!

As long as it doesn't become persistent after code clearing, I'd put it down to a glitch.

Ps. My zed has no engine/exhaust mods.

The codes have been cleared a few times but come back within a week or so.

its  had exhaust mods also.

some delving about these codes says Sensor 2 Bank 1 and Bank 2,

so to check this means rearmost sensors?

as its an 04 plate with over 100k  miles I suppose its not unreasonable for them to need replacing , (hope that sorts it)

So,  any  recommendations about sensor brands/suppliers?

Ah. speaking to the previous owner it has Berks HFCats' Scorpion SS Exhauast, Abbey Motorsport Re map and the throttle controller mod. (amongst others).

From searches

Zmanalex  use to sell  spacers as a cure......

(bml EML at no)  

0therw9se

its  fun.

xxx

Local Car spares factors quoted £264 to supply  the two rear sensors  Blueprint brand . I could probably get some discount off  but surely I can do better?

BTW just fitted polished plenum which involved clearing the codes (and EML) and it hasn't come on again  in the past two weeks ,  still i'll not fool myself ,money will have to be spent .

The rear sensors don't actually have any impact on the running of your engine I think their sole purpose is for monitoring ie telling you your cats aren't working which is why they bring up errors sometimes with hi flow cats as they are usually less efficient

:)