Newb' saying Hi

Hi everyone, I’ve just joined up and thought I should say hello

I’m here because I’m on the hunt for a 350Z and would rather buy a forum car, so will be trawling the ads and maybe start a wanted thread in due course.

Always had a soft spot for these, but with kids and other clobber haven’t had the chance to own one. Now we have a bigger family motor I’ve put my foot down (well, the missus has sanctioned it) so will be purchasing a Zed in the next few weeks.

I come from pretty highly modded mini’s (T & S/C) and have suffered three catastrophic engine failures in the last two years, so will be taking my time and appropriate advice when it comes to mods.

Look forward to getting involved and coming to some meets in the near future

Cheers Ian

PS - I have an £8k budget and have been looking at the newest models I can, but does the additional few bhp on a 2007+ make a real world difference, or can I cast my net further ?

Hello and welcome :wave:

I'm biased as I have a DE (few less horses, but cheaper on tax) and it's for sale at the moment B) 

Kuro black - Fastest zed of all colours. Well within your budget with spare £££ to spend for mods (new exhaust + remap + spacer) will get you near slightly closer to HR figure and save on yearly tax and no potential issue with oil gasket. :blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veeg33 said:

Hello and welcome :wave:

I'm biased as I have a DE (few less horses, but cheaper on tax) and it's for sale at the moment B) 

Kuro black - Fastest zed of all colours. Well within your budget with spare £££ to spend for mods (new exhaust + remap + spacer) will get you near slightly closer to HR figure and save on yearly tax and no potential issue with oil gasket. :blush:

Hi mate - sorry black's not an option for me due to my inability to clean cars, apparently it is an inherited disorder :lol:

Nice motor though, GLWS ............... rushes off to research gaskets

• Like 1

In all honesty a HR would be the best option for you as they have a few nice extras, a bit more power etc..   They do have their drawbacks as oil gallery gaskets are prone to failure and the tax is the new band (500+) but that's no real issue in the end.

• Like 1

Welcome Ian

8k should get you an average later HR model or a near immaculate earlier model. There isnt a massive difference in real world terms but i have the HR which i am glad i went with as its “slightly” better in several areas although many will argue its not worth the extra £. The decision is yours

• Like 2

Cheers for the welcomes guys

Have been looking deeper at the models and as I only do around 2k miles a year won't be getting hung up on HR power/RPMs and as far as I can see the only other changes are superficial apart from the bonnet

Also been doing my research on the gasket issues if I went HR, it doesn't seem a biggie as long as it is monitored and budgeted

Quick Qs - I have read that the oil pressure gauges aren't super accurate, is this a mechanical or an output reason - I have a Scangauge 11, would that provide a more accurate reading ?

Are there any reliable indies in the Suffolk/Norfolk/Essex area you would recommend for servicing and general mechanics gaskets included ?

Thanks again Ian

I can answer one of the questions:

The oil pressure gauge isn't 100percent accurate no, but it does what it's meant to and gives you an indication of what's going on.

Even though I've got a DE, there is still a good argument for the later HR model instead. The power of course, the bonnet bulge which looks great but there is also the interior, and the headlights are better.. And generally the newer and lower mileage models mean less wear and tear items like bushes etc will need replacing.

I was like you, and don't do much mileage at all. That's the reason I didn't go for a newer one, I wasn't too fussed about more power but liked the idea of cheaper tax

As for mechanics etc I've found that the zed is pretty straight forward to work on, and so I've used my trusted mechanics to handle mine the majority of the time and they haven't struggled.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ve bought one, turned up only 25 miles from me lol

its an 06 on 67k and pretty well mint apart from a couple of very minor blisters on the roof, which I’ll get seen to

Not a fan of the wheels but with the lower price I’ve got a couple of grand to play with :D

8693993C-E9DA-4FC1-9CBA-FD688E64971F.png

Welcome! There are a few Zs around this way! Mine is going up for sale this week so could have been one for you, doh! 57' HR black with frost leather. 

Let me know where you're based, happy to bring it along for a chat so you can compare yours. Can check some of the common stuff too