A quick hello

Hi all,

Just wanted to say a quick hello as seems like a really friendly place round here with some great info - hence losing about 4 hours out of my weekend from reading through posts!

It's time invested though as it's just made me want a 350 even more :) I've loved the car since I first sat in one at the Birmingham motor show a fair few years back - and now I can hopefully sort myself out with one. Early days at the moment and lots to read up on etc. but will be sticking around here and probably asking a few, most likely daft questions as they arise!

Cheers

Alex :thumbs:

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

As for the yellow - would be apt :) but the pearl white has really been taking my fancy recently. I'm under the impression that it's only an option on UK models from '08 onwards, so I'd be looking at a JDM second hand? (see, I'm down the with acronyms already! ;) ;) )

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

As for the yellow - would be apt :) but the pearl white has really been taking my fancy recently. I'm under the impression that it's only an option on UK models from '08 onwards, so I'd be looking at a JDM second hand? (see, I'm down the with acronyms already! ;) ;) )

Defo White mate, one of my favs B)

whitefairf.jpg

whitefairre.jpg

Yeah, that looks fantastic. Am I right that I'd need to be looking at an import though?

depends how much you got to spend pal, if you can wait for the white one to come out and dont mind paying the price then go uk, if you wanna save a fair bit and get yourself one within 6 weeks then go import. If you are thinking of modding the engine to Id say definatly go import, as the ecu is more manageable than the UK one. give JM imports a shout, alot of happy customers on here and could get one for you between 12-14k :thumbs:

Hi Alex, just thought I'd say Hi as you're from a decent part of the world i.e THE NORTH. Yep white is lovely, and yes you're right, you're looking at an import unless you want a new one. We have some import contacts on here if you're interested in going down that route.

Thanks for the info! and agree about the North too :)

As for budget - I'm not really looking to spend over about 17.5k so that rules out waiting for the new UK model in white.

I see there are a lot of threads about the pros / cons of imports so guess I better get reading. I don't really have too much DIY knowledge on cars so wouldn`t be actively looking to Mod anything myself - would prefer an 'out of the box' solution :)

Have got the ball rolling with a test drive, though apparently there are no demo cars around Leeds at the moment, so have to wait for a new one to arrive....bit annoying :)

I've read a few people on here being given demo cars for a day or even over the weekend - is this standard practice, or dealer dependant? I just don't really fancy having to go out with some sales guy and listening to him go on - would like to just give it a a spin on my own - it's like when you're trying on a new pair of shoes and they guy just hovers - makes me not want to buy them on principle! :)