Thinking of a Z....

Hey guys iam considering buying a Z it was between a s2000 or a Z but i've finally made my decsion it's gona be a Z.

Prob is i live in belfast and there seem to be alot more in the mainland & they also seem to be a little cheaper.

I was just wondering shud i focus on any particular year ?, ive got around £14000 to spend dont know wot this shud or will get me tho.

Also if you know of any honest car dealers/showrooms ( dont think they exsist..lol) or is buying private a better idea ?

I will be travelling over prob for the wk-end so iam trying to work out were to focus on without travelling around the whole of england..lol.

Thanks in advance

Reguards Lee.

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum. Congrats on your decision and you wont regret it.

Budget should be fine, if you narrow down your choice of spec and colour it shouldnt be a problem finding you one. Buying privately from someone on the forum is always a good option IMO, you will know what you are getting and it will save wasted miles going to dealers.

What is the situation with imports actually>?...Do you suggest i stay away from them or....?

I suppose the 14k could become more if i raid henry the hippo so there is a bit of movement on that.

If she can manage to downspec on her damm kitchen then i'll have about 25k ffs piff women...lol.

Btw thanks for the "welcomes" chaps ;)

Rguards Lee.

the price differential is narrowing between UK cars and imports now , I have seen some UK cars being advertised for less money than the equivalent year import.. but as always when a car falls out of the Nissan warranty, condition is more important than whether the first owner resided in Japan or the UK ;)

In fact if it follows other Jap models (like the Pajero / Shogun ) the JDM cars are now realising better prices than a car thats spent it entire life in the UK

I'm in a similar position, it does seem that JDM will offer an awful lot more choice for a £12-14k budget when the time comes.

It's worth having a good search using the search tool as there are a ton of useful threads about the pros and cons etc.

Welcome to the site. Loads of info on here about JDM vs. UK cars. For your budget you are likely to get a better condition JDM car. Radio doesn't work here and specs are a bit different, but not a huge amount of difference. Either way, great cars. :thumbs:

Its probably worth pointing out to new users of the forum that all the JDM and UK cars are made in the same factory by the same people, so overall the build standard is identical.

Except the underseal protection and the radio won't work. :)

Hi buddy and welcome. I'm from NI as well and spent nearly 2 months finding a good Z. I tried Charles Hurst as they had a few at the time but condition was poor and prices were silly. I personally preferred a UK model but there isn't really a huge difference. The one thing I'd definately go for is a GT model as it's the more desireable one. I've started seeing a good few Zs over here now so maybe have to get a meet organised :D

Hi Lee,

I've just put up my UK GT Pack spec 350z up for sale. It's on pistonheads too, but here is a link on this forum:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... 416#174416

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions.

BTW, if you think sourcing a 350z in NI is hard, you should try looking for a VX220! :lol: I'm hoping I'll find something suitable though as I don't fancy the people carrier just yet! :scare: