Aftermarket Leather seats

andy james

After 10 years of ownership I've decided to swap out my OEM seats for two reasons.

1.I have owned many cars but in comparison I've never really felt that the Z seats were that comfortable or supportive.

2. They are beginning to look tired even after very little use and also if any of you guys have ever removed one they are bloody heavy!

My spec is as follows.

Leather or alcantara reclining type seat with harness holes in the back and I'm not bothered about airbags or heated elements.

I have a shortlist but would value any other opinions as it's probably the biggest interior mod for any car.

1. Recaro CS. Struggling with the fact that it's covered in what they call Ambla leatherette( us old gifts call this Plasic or vinyl) for £1100! True leather £1700.

2. Nismo Juke Recaro seats. True leather and alcantara but rare as hens teeth but not too keen on the giant side airbags!

3. Cobra misano anniversary which I'm told may be too wide at the shoulders even though there are guys on the American forum who have fitted them but I've not seen a shot with the door shut! Lol.

Zeditus is a shocking affliction.........

IMG_0345.GIF

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

If you bought the recaro cs vinyl seats you could have them retrimmed like the nismo ones for less than the cost of upgrading to leather. 

There was a German eBay seller a few years back selling recaro cs seats for a lot cheaper than they are over here. They are similar to the BMW motorsport seats for the e92 m3, so a lot of people on the m3 forum bought them as a alternative. Might be worth having a look. 

Having said that, it was pre brexit referendum. So any saving has probably disappeared. 

These are are in the classifieds currently. 

They would look great retrimmed like the nismo ones. 

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

Quite a few cars come with recaro cs seats as standard (albeit rebranded) such as Vauxhall corsa vxr and some Renault sport models. These come up on fleabay  quite a bit, might be worth considering and retrimming. You may have to modify/fabricate the mounts though.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. 

Really shocked at how much used top end seats go for. I guess when a car gets trashed in an accident the interior can be the only thing that comes out unscathed.

I'm gong to pop into GSM on a round trip on my way up to Trax in September to sit my arse in the short list of seats.

I was looking at the Cross version of the Recaros (with the low seat bolster) a while back and got recommended to look at the Braum range of seats that Torqen are selling - https://www.torqen.uk/364_braum - good quality, lots of material and colour choices and considerably cheaper than Recaro or Cobra - with the Braums get you both seats for the price of one Recaro/Cobra !

I was tempted by the Racing Elites in white leather -

370z-braum-racing-elite-seats-pair_zps4odszukk.jpg

Edited by Dracostan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, andy james said:

Thanks guys. 

Really shocked at how much used top end seats go for. I guess when a car gets trashed in an accident the interior can be the only thing that comes out unscathed.

I'm gong to pop into GSM on a round trip on my way up to Trax in September to sit my arse in the short list of seats.

Any seats by a decent manufacturer (Recaro, Bride, Sparco, etc) are selling for decent money these days. The "classic" Recaros especially. I was looking for a more modern pair to replace my Speeds with, but some of the prices are crackers!