350z HEL braided brake lines

LukeA

Hi ladies and gents,

I have been in contact with HEL for the full set of braided brake lines for the 350z 2002-2009 OEM replacements. I was after a set and asked for a group discount for us. These are for Brembo and non brembo. 

The price for these is normally £79.80 they have offered me a different discount prices for more people we can get. 

10+ kits - £60

15 + kits - £55

20 + kits - £50

Prices include U.K. postcode delivery. 

EU postage  £10 extra

International - £12 extra

You can choose the colour you would like from their website, they have 18 different colours to choose from. 

I have just realised he stated 18 different colours but can only see 12 colours to choose from on their website. 

Everyone would need to pay by PayPal to HEL (not me) and would be delivered to you. I say this as I have seen group buys where you need to pay 1 person but this is NOT the case. If required they can take card over the phone. 

The turn around time is usually 2-3 days but will get more information on this nearer the time. 

I'm not sure on how long to run this for so if anyone has any thoughts on this then please let me know.  

http://auto.helperformance.com/auto#kit_manufacturer=425&kit_model=704&kit_product=79

Thanks for looking guys, any comments or questions just ask. 

Please state 

brembo or non brembo

And colour you would like

Luke

Edited by LukeA

• 2 months later...

1. LukeA - brembo, purple

2. JLewton - Brembo - Orange :thumbs:

3. Yorkie - Brembo - Transparent

4. Erni902 - Brembo - Orange

Just added my interest even though it looks dead. I would've thought these would've gone like hot cakes especially at the discounted prices.

2 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Not surprised by the negative response.

I stopped selling these in 2010 as they were of extremely poor quality.

Best to stick with tried and tested Goodridge.

I haven't seen anything bad about the HEL lines. I was under the impression these were good? What problems did you have with them? 

I did look at the Goodridge but price difference is what put me off as didn't see anything bad about any lines :/

The Hel lines are a poor design and below average construction and there have been many reports of them failing, so well worth paying a premium price for a quality product like Goodridge.

Brakes, similar to tyres should not be scrimped on.

Always do your research:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&q=faulty+hel+brake+lines&oq=faulty+hel+brake+lines&gs_l=psy-ab.12...1214.14300.0.16410.24.22.2.0.0.0.179.2032.20j2.22.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.21.1879...0j0i131k1j0i131i46k1j46i131k1j0i10k1j0i22i30k1j33i160k1j33i21k1j33i22i29i30k1.0.V2C2gORjogI

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Mine didn't fail but has started rubbing after 2 years. No issues for 2 years then it start to rub on my wheel. Strange???? But i made my own conclusion that they have stiffen up perhaps as they didn't really reshape to it's free state. Going in straight line is fine, as soon as i turn my steering to full left of right, the brake lines just won't go back to its original position and started to rub. I notice this when the rubbing/contact is heavy as i can hear it inside (i thought something stuck on the wheels, it was really loud). I have to manually route the cable again but issue comes again after full lock. It has been rubbing for a while hence some of the stainless mesh has worn and almost getting the rubber hose inside. Contacted HEL and they sent me another set of lines. My mechanics fitted the new lines and said the old set is much longer than the new ones hence he's not surprised they actually rubbed and also commented the old ones are much more stiffer (I'm not sure if they are supposed to be like this). I've been keeping an eye on it every now and then to ensure no rubbing and it has been since fine for 2 years now. If they fail again, i'll definitely switch to Goodridge