New tax on our cars

Zedrush

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe its a first year hit on new cars of £1k then it reverts to £400 thereafter. There will also be seven car bands. What with the extra 2p/l on fuel as well the govt really don't want us to own anything other than a pedal car!! :rant:

The MPs spend so much time in London that they forget the rest of the country needs cars to do ordinary things. Move parliament to any place other than London and they'd understand why most of us like to have a nice car.

Having said that, I agree that they should be incentivising manufacturers to reduce emissions and I believe that as they do it, car performance will still improve due to improvements in technology.

Its a tough one, I want all you gaz guzzling ba5tards to think about the environment but I want to pootle about in my car that gives off 284g/km CO2

:lol:

i know 350z aren't the most eco friendly cars, and i'm all for having supercars that don't give off co2 (would rather damage the environment than lose fast cars) but i don't agree that the z is in the same band as range rovers, lambos etc.

wonder if the government are using this extra money to fix the spine shattering pot holes near me?

Im actually in the camp that beleives CO2 emissions have three tenths of bugger all to do with global warming.

Any scientists that try to prove this are all but branded as heretics. If there were any proof to come out tht human generated CO2 is not as damaging as we all thought, the entire green industry woul be blown to bits, making hundreds of thousands of people around the globe redundant, wiping billions of pounds/dollars worth of value from companies that have invested in "green" measures etc.

So whether its true or not, this green bandwagon is here to stay.

Apparently the earth is now at its warmest for 400 years. Which begs the question as to what made it warmer 400 years ago? I dont recall reading about King James the firsts nasty CO2 generating V6 twin turbo, and the peasants runing filthy diesel generators but I could have skimmed that chapter I suppose.

Some scientist has linked modern CO2 to the change in climate and the governments have pounced on the opportunity to make billions in revenue. :rant:

Im actually in the camp that beleives CO2 emissions have three tenths of bugger all to do with global warming.

Any scientists that try to prove this are all but branded as heretics. If there were any proof to come out tht human generated CO2 is not as damaging as we all thought, the entire green industry woul be blown to bits, making hundreds of thousands of people around the globe redundant, wiping billions of pounds/dollars worth of value from companies that have invested in "green" measures etc.

So whether its true or not, this green bandwagon is here to stay.

Apparently the earth is now at its warmest for 400 years. Which begs the question as to what made it warmer 400 years ago? I dont recall reading about King James the firsts nasty CO2 generating V6 twin turbo, and the peasants runing filthy diesel generators but I could have skimmed that chapter I suppose.

Some scientist has linked modern CO2 to the change in climate and the governments have pounced on the opportunity to make billions in revenue. :rant:

+1 :thumbs:

Or you could drive a straight 6, 3ltr with 272BHP and it ONLY £185

Only 0.6 sec slower than my old Zed too.

But is a bit of a barge......

IMHO is all just a political statment, the government wanting to be seen to be green.

You could of course beat the barstewards by driving something like a lotus, e.g. small engine and light. My Exige S is £205 pa.

Just dont pay it!

If no one pays then what can they do! However no one will do that as everyone is scared about the consequences.

Easy for you to say, its not your Zed they'd impound!

Exactly, however i dont understand why everyone just puts up with it, to me its just a high level form of bullying.

Just dont pay it!

If no one pays then what can they do! However no one will do that as everyone is scared about the consequences.

well there you go then................... :dry:

can anyonr recommend a performance diesel.............. perferably a v6 or v8....and a 3 door......... :blush:

Just dont pay it!

can anyonr recommend a performance diesel.............. perferably a v6 or v8........... :blush:

Audi TT or the new diesel R8 :teeth:

Just dont pay it!

can anyonr recommend a performance diesel.............. perferably a v6 or v8........... :blush:

Audi TT or the new diesel R8 :teeth:

;)

I'm not a Zed owner as yet but it's top of my car list for a summer purchase, this rejigging of the bands is going to be a factor as it would surprise me if my top 3 cars (the TT 1.8T 225, S2000 and 350Z) might end up in different bands.

I'm not a Zed owner as yet but it's top of my car list for a summer purchase, this rejigging of the bands is going to be a factor as it would surprise me if my top 3 cars (the TT 1.8T 225, S2000 and 350Z) might end up in different bands.

yeah the s2k will probably be taxed more, as you will have the roof down and will be inhaling more air !! :headhurt: