New Users being unable get activation

This comes up now and again and in almost all cases it is because they havent completed the registration process properly / completely

Thanks for HIghlighting, the team will follow up

Not always. I tried joining a few years ago using a hotmail account and got no joy. Did the same thing with a Gmail account and boom. Here I am.

I did mention this at the time but assumed it was already acted upon. Apparently not.

I don't really know. It may not even be this partyforum but I thought I'd bring it to your attention in case it is. I know the **REMOVED** forum is useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Colin,

It failed as I never received the activation email that finalises your account and allows you to post. I was a lurker for about 3 months and I continually emailed the admins from the same account with no responses.

As soon as I used a non hotmail account, it worked. If you PM me I'll shoot you the email address I used so you can see it hung up in the system.

Thanks G, the admin guys I am sure will be looking at it, we are down a few people at the moment so bear with us.

PM me the email address and will pass on to the guys to see if there is anything amiss.

As above,on FB guys are reporting waiting months with no activation etc. I don't know if this has already been addressed. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given that he starts the post with 'y'all' and is talking about 370's I'd reckon he's on about the370z.com USA based forum :)

Edited by mattross1313
  • Like 1

Hey Colin,

It failed as I never received the activation email that finalises your account and allows you to post. I was a lurker for about 3 months and I continually emailed the admins from the same account with no responses.

As soon as I used a non hotmail account, it worked. If you PM me I'll shoot you the email address I used so you can see it hung up in the system.

Last year we had issues with hotmail that took a wee while to rectify. That was all sorted.

Only email address that we have issues with is AOL and they refuse to rectify the problem at their end.

AOL mail has always had problems when it comes to trying to register on sites though. It's neither recent nor specific to this forum.

Yup. And we have specifically asked aol to rectify the issue with us in particular and they won't.

Yup. And we have specifically asked aol to rectify the issue with us in particular and they won't.

Unsurprising.

Can you just add some form validation that prevents users trying to register with an AOL email?