Back.....with a new car!

Cragus

You're right Strudel - they are expensive to keep but I bought it outright so hoping the keeping it part is made slightly easier for that reason. :-/

Hi Craig,

Good choice, GTR looks awesome!

I didn't find it expensive at all for maintaining such a weapon of a car, close to 700bhp on stage 4, budget about £1000 / year for servicing. Pads and discs should last you 2-3 years, depending how you drive it and how much you drive it :)

Enjoy the car and respect its capabilities until you get used to it, it's a serious weapon :)

It's all relative I guess - Depends if you compare it to a Ferrari or a Honda. For the performance, a GT-R is definitely great value (purchase and maintenance cost), but if you drive it hard you will quickly burn through tyres and brakes, and those things don't come cheap. ;)

You're right Strudel - they are expensive to keep but I bought it outright so hoping the keeping it part is made slightly easier for that reason. :-/

Hi Craig,

Good choice, GTR looks awesome!

I didn't find it expensive at all for maintaining such a weapon of a car, close to 700bhp on stage 4, budget about £1000 / year for servicing. Pads and discs should last you 2-3 years, depending how you drive it and how much you drive it :)

Enjoy the car and respect its capabilities until you get used to it, it's a serious weapon :)

Thanks for the advice Adrian. Good to hear first hand from somebody who has been through it with the car. Loving every minute diving it just now. It has alcon discs and MPSS tyres which are all in good order. Also has a full Miltek which is not too over the top. :-)

At Stage 4+ you are closing in on the capabilities of the standard (cast) rods esp if you are much over 600 lb/ft of torque.

MOST Stage4/4.25 engines are OK and nothing goes wrong but a few on the GTR forum have bent rods an/or had complete rod failure.

I have just had mine rebuilt (no there was no failure -it was peace of mind) with forged rods and pistons along with fully balanced crank which gives me virtual bullet proof capacity to about 750 (am running now at 650 bhp and 625 lb/ft torque so am well within capacity).

Not saying you have to do this but it is a good long term investment which will also increase the desirability of your car in future. For me was a good peace of mind spend.

As Adrian said you can control spend on consumables ... IF you can control your right foot! They are massively competent cars and hugely drivable and once you get on top of the electronics they come alive. Immensely nimble for a big fairly heavy car.

I recommend a CAT Driving course at Millbrook - you will learn for yourself how competent they can be!

David

Edited by Tinyflier