Parking ticket advice

Rish

Hmm...sorry for bothering people, but need some advice on this one.

On a recent night out after a long day at work (finish at 2100), I drove into town with my colleagues and parked up on a quiet road in a slot (later discovered it was disabled one...bad of me, I know). Proceeded to dinner and after having my first drink decided it was best to just leave the wheels in town and make a night of it. Was not at work the next day, so thought I would get up early and get the car first thing so as to not get hit by the parking demons, oops wardens.

Got home late, suitably drunk etc etc. and then managed to wake up at 0730 (unbelievable) to jog into town (3ish miles) and arrived at car to watch a not very good and helpful person sticking a penalty notice on the car (now 0807). Remonstrated etc etc., he handed the ticket to me, said I could appeal if I wanted to. I asked on what basis, got a mumbled answer and he then took pics of the car without any ticket on.

The law abiding citizen I am, I accepted I had cocked up and paid the fine. I did intially plan on writing a letter along the lines of "Dear money grabbing c***s...", but never got around to it.

Circa 1 months later, get a letter in the post informing me that I now owe the council 90 pounds for not paying my parking ticket. Looking at this delightful piece of letter writing, I notice that it is for a ticket issued the night I parked illlegally, as against the one I watched being issued the next morning. Incidentally, this ticket was issued at 2137 hours (That is 0937 pm). Now, who but a ****ing, blood sucking, money grabbing, theiving, scumbagging **** would be out at 2130 at night handing out tickets??? :angry::angry::angry::protest:

I am going to write a letter explaining, I was out that night and left my car in town. Idid make a mistake by parking in a disabled slot, but, I have already paid for the offence. Also, I have not received the other notice (ie. it was not on my car) and I know the picture I watched being taken will back me up.

Anyway, that brings me to my quandry, what should I do? Do I have a leg to stand on?

Unfortunately the council don't need you to see or recieve the ticket for it to be valid. I have friends who work in the financial quarter of brum. I used to park it outside their work hoping to dodge a tickect but once it had one I'd still leave it there as they can't issue you two tickets for the same offence. The thing is the parking wardens (who are usually non nationals :rant: ) are target driven and the one who did ticket you probably took the previous ticket off to get his own on there. Personally I'd just pay up as before you know it bailiffs will be sent and a £90 bill will be closer to £500 :dry:

I would tell them where to shove it. You have paid for the offence once, so cannot be done twice.

You have evidence to show you paid the fine and as such cannot be expected to bay both fines for the same offence.

If they are not willing to back down, then write a letter to your MP. Sounds daft, but they have to respond if a contituent writes to them. State you wish one of the fines to be quashed or you will report the matter as fraudulent behaviour by a council approved parking authority. Which charging twice for the same penalty is.

Should be enough to put the willies up whatever jumped up burger flipper is dealing with the parking fines.

yep chesterfield is right you cant be charged for same offence twice, just be careful though that its not a scam, there are some going around where your money is not ac tually going to the councel but to some dodgy B@stard trying to get more money out of innocent people.

So far Ive had a total of 16 parking tickets, I the crappy penalty notices at home as trophies, as Ive been let off every one so far. If anyone gets a parking ticket and needs to know how to get let off and get a letter of apology from the councel pm me. I help my friends out all the time to. I found out how to do it from a dare I say it a fit traffic warden who was issuing me a ticket told me the loop hole out of it. :thumbs:

I would tell them where to shove it. You have paid for the offence once, so cannot be done twice.

You have evidence to show you paid the fine and as such cannot be expected to bay both fines for the same offence.

If they are not willing to back down, then write a letter to your MP. Sounds daft, but they have to respond if a contituent writes to them. State you wish one of the fines to be quashed or you will report the matter as fraudulent behaviour by a council approved parking authority. Which charging twice for the same penalty is.

Should be enough to put the willies up whatever jumped up burger flipper is dealing with the parking fines.

+1 - but then again I can seen Laim's point and the cars you guys drive, is another £90 really that much to save the hassle? :blush: Personally I would certainly follow it up though :thumbs:

I have had problems with parking tickets a few times this year. It seems there is a stupid game where kids take the ticket off your car for a laugh so the first you know of it is the letter with the increased penalty.

Definately appeal and I would think you will be ok.

Cops issue parking tickets here. They use a little machine to enter the details the walk off. Nothing left on the windscreen. First you hear of it is in the mail. I haven't got one yet but when I do I'll happily fight it in court if need be. The only evidence is the cops recollection. There's no photography. He enters the registration number and bang you have a ticket.

In your case, parking in a disabled space is a big no no but as the guys say you can't be done twice in the same spot if you haven't moved.

Same goes for clamping. I tell people who are clamped to wait until they finish work or are nearly finished work before calling for it to be removed. Why pay more in parking when you've got the fine already.

Definitely appeal it. You've paid for the second ticket and I would think that you can use that as evidence that you got a ticket and paid it.

Incidentally, if you ever go back to your car and see a warden writing you a ticket, don;t speak to them, just get in and drive off as quickly as possible. The ticket is not issued until they place it in the waterproof see-through wallet and stick it to your window. If they haven't done this, you haven't been given a ticket yet. (I learned this one the hard way but I'm dying to do it next time)

Definitely appeal it. You've paid for the second ticket and I would think that you can use that as evidence that you got a ticket and paid it.

Incidentally, if you ever go back to your car and see a warden writing you a ticket, don;t speak to them, just get in and drive off as quickly as possible. The ticket is not issued until they place it in the waterproof see-through wallet and stick it to your window. If they haven't done this, you haven't been given a ticket yet. (I learned this one the hard way but I'm dying to do it next time)

I did this and got hit with the full £90 a month later :dry:

Edited first post for language in case of young eyes. ;)

oh my god its getting to his head already :lol::p;)

Just thinking of the likes of your nephew.... ;)

:lol: yes because at 1 he is already reading advance physics and hacking into computers search for swear words :lol::blush:

yes because at 1 he is already reading advance physics and hacking into computers search for swear words :lol::blush:

Of course - you are training him so well in the art of hacking and of course and you left off 'al' on the other bit :p;)